function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Navjeet Singh 6Navjeet Singh 6 

how we can view audit logs which are more than six months old

hi,

how can we see "Audit logs" of more than 6 months?
Vasani ParthVasani Parth
Navjeet - It is not possible to get a log for older than six months unfortunately, depending on what you are looking for, certain things are available to have salesforce support run and return in a log to you, at a cost of course. But they are usually not relevent to the setup audit trail. The below is what the documentation says,

"Because of the volume of data, login history is automatically removed after six months. If you want to keep it longer, such as for compliance regulations, consider using one of the Salesforce Web services APIs to copy the history records to a custom object or external data store."

Always download six month history and save in your local storage for audit purposes.

Please mark this as the best answer if this helps
Navjeet Singh 6Navjeet Singh 6
I understand there is no way to view audit logs of more than six months .Is there any custom way to get those logs ?
Carrie DonovanCarrie Donovan
I just had to do this myself and found that you can use the Apex Data Loader to export the Setup Audit Trail and it will give you every entry since install.

Open Apex Data Loader > Export Button > Select "Show All Salesforce Objects" > Select "Setup Audit Trail Entry"> Select all fields>Finish