function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KCarmenKCarmen 

How to get users to not choose a prior value on a picklist

Hi all - I've searched for this but while there are similar posts, they're not quite the answers I'm looking for.

I have a picklist on a custom object called "Quotations". This custom object is related to a standard Opportunity. When users want to request a Quotation, they go to the related list on the Opportunity and click New Quotation. On the Quotation record is a picklist that contains A,B,C,D, etc to represent the quote rev. This letter goes at the end of an auto-number generated on the Opportunity.
Because the system is seeing the rev letters sequencially, I want the user to only choose the next rev letter. Currently they are able to choose duplicate rev letters which messes up my quotes pending reports (because the systems isn't seeing the new request - only the prior request, which usually is already completed).

How can I get the user to only use the next REV letter? Is it a validation rule that let's the user know the REV letter is a duplicate on the Opportunity record? Or is there a PRIOR VAL formula I can use for this?

Thanks all, for your help!!!