function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JaiminJaimin 

How to create relationship between a custom objects and products line item ?

I was looking for a clean approach where I can apply multiple Products' to a Proposal(Estimate).  Would need to be able to add an unknown number of Products to the Proposal(Estimate), along with details for each "Product Line Item".  Original approach was to create a Proposal(Estimate) custom object, and have a lookup relationship to the Products object, which contains a listing of all Products. And no need for pricebook.

Custom Object        Standard Objects
Proposal(Estimate)  =  Products
Proposal Line Item  =  Products Line Item

JeffreyStevensJeffreyStevens
Well - that's what Opportunities, quotes, and Opportunity Line Items already do - all in standard objects.

In your description - you're saying that Products Line Item is a standard object - Products Line Item is NOT a standard object. Opportunity Line Item IS a standard object. 

I'm not sure what you're trying to do - but maybe you're trying to add more details to the Opportunity Line Item - you're calling it a Proposal. And in this case - you could have multiple Proposals per OLI.  If that's the case - then add a lookup field on the Proposal object to OpportunityLIneItem.