function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Anne Larsen 2Anne Larsen 2 

Custom Forecast Types causing confusion in Collaborative Forecasting

I'm wondering if anyone has had similar issues and found solutions.  What's happening is even though we can have custom forecast types for New/Aff New, Services, Implementation, the deal will pull into the bottom panel view at $0 in the wrong category. For example, a deal with $5000 in Services will be a $0 line in the New/Aff New panel view, and when I run the ACV Services view I see the same deal but with the $5000 in the forecast amount field. To SFDC it looks like a $0 New/Aff New deal (which is intended behavior, you would want to see $0 deals but in our case they aren't $0 deals). The way our forecasting works is based off of those three fields. And if there's a zero in one of them it shouldn't show up in the forecast for that category. I understand why it's happening but I'm wondering if there are any ways around this...or to customize the view by opportunity type.  I've heard back from support that the only option I have is to post an idea.  I'm wondering if anyone has hi-jacked the forecast view screen and customized the output based on opportunity type or custom forecast type. TIA, Anne