function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Julie McCormickJulie McCormick 

Remove Setup Tab, so that standard users can have access

Hi,

Is there anyway to remove the setup tab, so that standard users can not access this?
I have set up permissions to limit there access to folders, but they can still click on manage users and see other peoples profiles, which i don't want them to have access to.

User-added image
Best Answer chosen by Julie McCormick
Abdul RazzaqAbdul Razzaq
If you are trying to give access to other users under Administer profile. They will still have access to it.
If using other profiles, you have unchecked 'view setup and configuration'. They will still be able to see setup or user profiles but cannot change and edit. They will only be able to see their own profiles.

All Answers

Dhanya NDhanya N
Hi Julle,

For that particular Profile, you need to uncheck "View Setup and Configuration" under system settings.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Dhanya
Julie McCormickJulie McCormick
Hi Thanks for responding,

when i go into Administer> Users> Permissions Sets>Standard Users> Edit Permission set.  This is not ticked.User-added image
If i go into Administer>profiles>standard user> this is ticked and I can't edit itUser-added image
im a bit confused.
Abdul RazzaqAbdul Razzaq
If you are trying to give access to other users under Administer profile. They will still have access to it.
If using other profiles, you have unchecked 'view setup and configuration'. They will still be able to see setup or user profiles but cannot change and edit. They will only be able to see their own profiles.
This was selected as the best answer
NewBie09NewBie09
Hi Julie,
You cannot edit few features in standard profile, You have to clone and Edit View SetUp configuration