function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sayantan DuttaSayantan Dutta 

data load

Hi All,

I have a to load data from one Salesforce org to another. In total I have to load 500k accounts, 500k contacts and 900k cases with the values of audit fields intact. Also, the old org has person accounts but the new org doesn't have that functionality which means some data transformation is required. Additionally, the entire data load needs to be completed in a day. Following are the issues that I am facing :

1. There is also the issue that exporting these cannot be done using bulk query in data loader as bulk api doesn't support compoind queries. That means I have to use batch query which consumes huge amount of time.
2. Transformation of data is done using vlookup. For ex : there are 25 fields in account object in the old org that needs to be mapped to contact in the new org. This is a huge task that takes up lot of time and resources if done in excel sheet.

Is there an easier way to perform this task. Any suggestions on tools (free or paid) are also welcome. 
ForcePoweredForcePowered
Hi Saynatan,

As far as I know, the person accounts are actually contact records. Therefore, you have identical numbers of accounts and contacts. If you are going to map all person accounts from source org to contacts in target org, you will be creating orphan contacts unless you have plan to associate them with specific accounts. 

Regardless, all you need to do is migrate Accounts to Contacts and Cases.

Take the following steps in order to do the data load in a day:
  • Export accounts(contacts) and cases separatley from source org
  • Create an external id field on Contact object in the target org - it should be unique
  • Load Acconts(contacts) data in the target object using insert function
    • Map source Account(contact) ID field to the target Contact object external id field along with other fields
  • Load Cases in target object using upsert function.
    • Make sure that you map case contact field to external id
Let me know if you need additional explanation.