function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Stuart JamesStuart James 

Deploying Communities

Hello, 

The current project I am working on focuses heavily around the use of the Partner Communities using the Lightning experience. We have developed a solution and we are now investigating deployment. 

Using the Force.com Migration Tool I am able to get all the custom code and components and deploy them to another environment, but I cannot see away to migrate our community to another environment. (so we do not have to rebuild the design in the new environment)

Any help on this matter would be great. 
Best Answer chosen by Stuart James
Amit VaidyaAmit Vaidya
Hi Stuart,

Creating Lightning Tab is pre-requisite for having an Navigation Menu, so include the src->tabs metadata folder as well which should exist Lightning Tab you have created. For deploying the any lightning component, we have src->AuraDefinitionBundle folder.

For style, Lightning requires you to add the static resource on your org i.e. SLDS something, include that static resouce under src->staticresources folder so that it would show proper style after deployment.

Note: You might needs to do some Lightning Experience configuration changes manually if those are not possible to deploy through ant tool or any deployment tools.

Thank you,
Amit

All Answers

Amit VaidyaAmit Vaidya
If you are asking about the metadata folder where the communities exist:

Then you can store it in the src->sites folder having an extension as .site. So if you would deploy this file on another environment then you don't need to do rebuild the changes.

Thank you,
Amit
Stuart JamesStuart James

Hello Amit, 

Thanks for your answer. I have done the above and most of the data has transferred across. But when I did do this, the navigation menu did not transfer and some of the style is missing, any idea on what I am missing?

Amit VaidyaAmit Vaidya
Hi Stuart,

Creating Lightning Tab is pre-requisite for having an Navigation Menu, so include the src->tabs metadata folder as well which should exist Lightning Tab you have created. For deploying the any lightning component, we have src->AuraDefinitionBundle folder.

For style, Lightning requires you to add the static resource on your org i.e. SLDS something, include that static resouce under src->staticresources folder so that it would show proper style after deployment.

Note: You might needs to do some Lightning Experience configuration changes manually if those are not possible to deploy through ant tool or any deployment tools.

Thank you,
Amit
This was selected as the best answer