function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sivapriyaa maniam sivakumarsivapriyaa maniam sivakumar 

Need Formula to Update the value

Hi,
Created field in Account Object,
1.Distributor Discount Product

Created formula field in Quote Object,
1.Distributor Product Discount

Scenario :
If i enter the values in account field, it automatically update in Quote Object  for  OPEN Opportunity . 

I Try the Code:(i dont know what have to give in ELSE part )
IF( !ISPICKVAL( Opportunity.StageName ,'6. Closed/Won - PO at Disti') || ISPICKVAL( Opportunity.StageName ,'Closed Lost') || ISPICKVAL( Opportunity.StageName ,'Closed Invalid') ,  Opportunity.Distributor__r.Distributor_Discount_Product__c,  )

Else part: It Contains the Last modified value(Distributor Discount Product )account object.

For Example:
1.I enter the Value for  Distributor Discount Product in account Object = 24
   It automatically update the value Distributor Product Discount in Quote Object (For Open Opportunity) =24

2.I again enter the Value for  Distributor Discount Product in account Object = 50
   It should not update the value Distributor Product Discount in Quote Object (For close Opportunity) =24 (Not 50) - I need Only Existing Value (24).

Thanks
Sivapriyaa M S
Nitin Wader 21Nitin Wader 21
You need to use workflow instead of formula. and for workflow, evalutation criteria should be "Created and editied subsequently to meet criteria".

sivapriyaa maniam sivakumarsivapriyaa maniam sivakumar
Thanks for your  answer Nitin.

But the requirement - "It should be used in formula field alone".

Thanks.
Nitin Wader 21Nitin Wader 21
Agree.

1) Option 1  - Use formula based workflow and evalutation criteria should be "Created and editied subsequently to meet criteria".

2) Option 2 - User Priorvalue function through validation rule which will enfore your field to get restored to original value -

Prior Value