function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Pat AlipertiPat Aliperti 

Understanding Account and Contact Relationships not allowing to create Related Contacts

I have followed the instructions to go to Setup > Account Settings > Allow users to relate a contact to multiple accounts. However the "Allow users to relate a contact to multiple accounts" field is not there for me. I cannot select that options which is preventing me from completing the challenge.
Keith HartnettKeith Hartnett
Same issue here. :(
Alicia CrowderAlicia Crowder
Same here
Alicia CrowderAlicia Crowder
Okay, so if you get into the summer 2016 DE org, it does provide the option to select allowing contact relationships, however, the user interface with the contacts, accounts, etc is quite, quite different and from there it doesn't seem to show a way to create the relationship. So even though it's technically allowed in Account Settings, there isn't a place to create a relationship with the contact.
Alper Tunga GülbaharAlper Tunga Gülbahar
I have the same issue. I bookmarked the trailhead page and continued working.
I guess it is related to the Org release. My release is Spring 2016 Dev org.
Alper Tunga GülbaharAlper Tunga Gülbahar
The summer 2016 release is already in the Orgs for the instances located in North America.
For EU instances the release will be done this weekend. My ORGs are in EU instances which means this problem will be solved on monday(hopefully).
You can see the release notes here:
https://resources.docs.salesforce.com/202/latest/en-us/sfdc/pdf/salesforce_summer16_release_notes.pdf --> Check the page 69.
Here is the timeline for the maintenance calendar that shows the summer 16 release schedule:
https://trust.salesforce.com/trust/calendar

Regards,
ABIGAIL BEATYABIGAIL BEATY
Once I went to Setup / Customize / Accounts / Account Settings, and checked the box next to: Allow users to relate a contact to multiple account, I was able to add the Related Contacts related list to my Account page layout.