+ Start a Discussion
Deborah OrthDeborah Orth 

Apex Superbadge, new developer org not recognized as developer org

I was just starting the new Apex Superbadge and as the instructions requested, created a new developer org.  When I try to link Trailhead to that new dev org I get an error saying "You are attempting to log into Trailhead to complete challenges with an org that isn't supported. When you are completing Trailhead hands-on challenges, you cannot use a production or sandbox org. You must use a Developer Edition (DE) org to complete Trailhead challenges."

I verified the org type is Developer org and that the managed package for the badge is installed in this dev org.
michael  limmichael lim
There is a key icon next to the connect to org button. hover over the key to see your current login. When I go to trailhead this usually shows my company email login. click logout and then login with your trailhead login.
Jeff DouglasJeff Douglas
See if this video helps you Deborah.

Jeff Douglas
Trailhead Developer Advocate
Deborah OrthDeborah Orth
Thanks for the input guys but I do know how to have many different dev orgs for Trailhead, I have had to use at least 4-5 to get the 90+ badges I already have.  I don't use my company computer for trailhead, so this computer has never logged into a production org, which is why I was so confused about the error message.

I tried again just now to link my new dev org to trailhead and the issue seems to be solved, so maybe it was just a timing issue since I created a brand new dev org for this superbadge just before trying to link it to trailhead?  Anyhow, it's working now, thx.