function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Deborah OrthDeborah Orth 

Apex Superbadge, new developer org not recognized as developer org

I was just starting the new Apex Superbadge and as the instructions requested, created a new developer org.  When I try to link Trailhead to that new dev org I get an error saying "You are attempting to log into Trailhead to complete challenges with an org that isn't supported. When you are completing Trailhead hands-on challenges, you cannot use a production or sandbox org. You must use a Developer Edition (DE) org to complete Trailhead challenges."

I verified the org type is Developer org and that the managed package for the badge is installed in this dev org.
michael  limmichael lim
There is a key icon next to the connect to org button. hover over the key to see your current login. When I go to trailhead this usually shows my company email login. click logout and then login with your trailhead login.
Jeff DouglasJeff Douglas
See if this video helps you Deborah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rKrBR5qbTg

Jeff Douglas
Trailhead Developer Advocate
Deborah OrthDeborah Orth
Thanks for the input guys but I do know how to have many different dev orgs for Trailhead, I have had to use at least 4-5 to get the 90+ badges I already have.  I don't use my company computer for trailhead, so this computer has never logged into a production org, which is why I was so confused about the error message.

I tried again just now to link my new dev org to trailhead and the issue seems to be solved, so maybe it was just a timing issue since I created a brand new dev org for this superbadge just before trying to link it to trailhead?  Anyhow, it's working now, thx.