function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
goabhigogoabhigo 

Superbadge - Create contact and hobby reports

I seem to have no clue what's wrong in the report which I created. As per the requirement - Summarize the report by Account Name, the contact’s Full Name, and show the Hobby Name." Here I do not understand Full Name, as in the report we only get First Name, Last Name.
The error says - 
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Lightning Hobbies by Contact' report does not appear to have either the correct report type or (most likely) the correct columns.

I have summarized the report by Account Name, then by Last Name. Another column shown is Hobbies Name. The report filter is on Hobby Type (the bucket field) = Outdoor Activities and it is locked.

Does anyone know whats wrong?
Best Answer chosen by goabhigo
Ajay Anikar H RAjay Anikar H R
Hello,

I was getting the same error from last couple of days, after seeing this post I went around:
1 - removed the formula Full Name that i had created on Contact object.
2 - created a new Report Type with Account - Contact - Contact Hobbies as the object and ensured out of the box full name was present.
3 - re-created the same report (that we all created with other report type) using the new report type created as part of step2.
And it just worked.

Hope this helps.

All Answers

Phillip FrontPhillip Front
I'm stuck on the same exact challenge. I also created a "Full Name" text formula field on the Contact object so I could summarize by Full Name, but it gives me the same error. Hope someone can help here.
Tami_LauTami_Lau
Same here. I tried creating a new custom report type (which gives access to the default Full Name field) but I'm still getting the error. Not quite sure what the verification is looking for...
goabhigogoabhigo
Ohh thats bad.

I tried again with other possibilities. I am getting new error now:
There was an unhandled exception. Please reference ID: YBWWCUCM. Error: ArgumentError. Message: bad argument (expected URI object or URI string)

Can anybody from Trailhead team please look into this? My First Ascent is long gone :(

--
Abhi
goabhigogoabhigo
Ok, back to checking the challenge. I get the same error:
The 'Lightning Hobbies by Contact' report does not appear to have either the correct report type or (most likely) the correct columns.
Kim SchaefgesKim Schaefges
I'm getting the same error!

Hello,

I was getting the same error from last couple of days, after seeing this post I went around:
1 - removed the formula Full Name that i had created on Contact object.
2 - created a new Report Type with Account - Contact - Contact Hobbies as the object and ensured out of the box full name was present.
3 - re-created the same report (that we all created with other report type) using the new report type created as part of step2.
And it just worked.

Hope this helps.
This was selected as the best answer
goabhigogoabhigo
Thanks Ajay. That indeed worked :)
Tami_LauTami_Lau
Thanks Ajay, worked for me too! (I had done a Contact-Contact Hobbies report type before, which I am now guessing did not include the Account Name field they were looking for.)
Sitarama MurthySitarama Murthy
ajay,
what do u mean by this:
And it just worked.??
Hey Ram,

If you had created report with out of the box report type then create a similar report using custom report type.

In other words - we should create the report format using the custom report type.

Thanks
Sitarama MurthySitarama Murthy
hi ajay,

i have created custom report type, but still im getting error, report type is incorrecct.
Hi Ram,

I saw few updates on twitter that most of superbadges requirements and challenges have been changed or slightly modified (in terms of naming conventions and so on).... since we have completed; we aren't able to view those questions. Kindly recheck the conditions & requirements.
Thanks
Irene SchildIrene Schild
I'm also stuck on this challenge.

I've cloned the 'Contacts by Hobby and Rating'-report for the report 'Hobbies by Contact', cleaned it up, and changed it to a summary report. I have added a filter, to select only the hobbies that equal 'Outdoor Activities' (= filter on the bucket field 'Hobby Type'), but in the summary results, I also get a few contacts that have a hobby which is not marked as an 'Outdoor Activity' in the bucket field. These contacts get the value '-' under 'Hobby Type' in the summary results. 

Does anybody know what might be wrong?

Thanks for the help!
Hi Irene,

While you were bucketing for Hobby Type - did you ensure that you choose the option as shown, if so we shouldn't see "-" in the report.
Hope this helps..

User-added image
Hilary ZarenejadHilary Zarenejad
Hi all!  For what it's worth I made one small change after this error and success.  Use the "Full Name" field not "Contact: Full Name".  

Hope this helps!
Irene SchildIrene Schild

Hi Ajay,

Yes, I did select 'Show unbucketed values as 'Other''.

Just to be sure, I've also deleted the bucket and made a new one, but that doesn't help either...

Hi Irene,

Could you re-confirm the error message and report screenshot pls.
Irene SchildIrene Schild

Hi Ajay,

I don't get an error message. I just see in my report contact that I shouldn't see:

Summary results:

Screenshot summary results

Report:

Report filters

Bucket field:

Bucket field
Thanks for the help!!

Johan Kentie 7Johan Kentie 7
I run into exactly the same problem as Irene.
Bijendra Kumar SinghBijendra Kumar Singh
Hi
i am getting this error message. Can anyone post their contact by hobby and rating report.
.User-added image
Irene SchildIrene Schild
Hi Bijendra,

I haven't completed the 2nd challenge, but I believe the custom Report Type shoud look like this:
Custom Report Type

And the Contact by Hobby and Rating report should look like this:
Report Contact by Hobby and Rating
Good luck!
Hi @Irene

I think i have done the same procedure but stll getting error msg.
User-added image
Irene SchildIrene Schild

Hi Bijendra,

The only difference I see between our reports is that I've added a cross object filter, but I don't know if that could be the cause of your error message...
If you've used the same custom report type for all the 3 reports, I don't know at this point what the problem could be. Does anybody else have a suggestion?

I have exact the same error as Irene Schild at the report Hobbies by Contact. Everything works perfect until I add the filter on bucket "Outside activities". I then get two groups 1. "Outside Acivities" and 2. "-" exactly as Irene reports. I have no clue why this happens. @Bijendra, remove the display of the details in your report, then it will look like the one Irene showed and that one is OK in my humble opinion.
Hi @Irene and @Johan,

For which object you have created Hobby Type field for this step either 'Account' or 'Contact and Hobbies' ?? 
Still getting same error..

User-added image
The bucket field is created on the Hobby.Name field Bijendra.
Hi @Johan,

I tried but still same error. Can you tell me what are the fields you have created on account and contact and Contact with hobbies object for this challenge, and if possible please share one screen shot for your report.
User-added image

User-added image

I hope this helps Bijendra.
Hi @Johan,
​thanks for your reply
I tried, now its really testing my patience.
Can you tell me what are the field with data type you have created on account,contact, hobbies and contacthobby object.

User-added imageUser-added imageUser-added imageUser-added image

Just a remark Bijendra, due to another issue I have not checked the challenge at this moment.
Thanks i will try it...
Thanks @Johan @Irene,

Finally i completed this step.
You are welcome.
bobnunny1bobnunny1
All, for Challege 5 that the Lightning report is missing columns or the wrong record type.  Your Report Type should be Accounts w/Contacts w/Contact Hobbies.  Why, I don't know because the original Contacts w/Contact Hobbies w/Hobbies will work. You will also need a Contact Hobbies formula field for the Hobby Type so you can filter it.
Louise Summers 2Louise Summers 2
Hi Bijendra, I am struggling with the same issue - my report is exactly the same as above, and it allowed me to pass the dashboard part using the report. Can you explain what you did to complete the step? Thank you!
HI @Louise,
I had not imported data in account object correctly. Like every contacthobby is related with contact and every contact is related with account. So, make sure you have data in every object.

If you still facing any problem just let me know the error which you are getting.
Hi Bijendra,
Thank you for the response, I think my data is in correctly - I passed step 1 (import data). I am getting the below error message:

User-added image

See below report:

User-added image

Any help would be appreciated! 
@Louise. As far as I can judge you forgot to define and activate the "Other" group of Hobby Types in your bucket definition.User-added image 
thank you @Johan, but i did have it ticked. Can you show me the values you have bucketed into each category? Maybe I have done something wrong there?

User-added image

@Louise

User-added imageUser-added image

Thank you @Johan, but it still doesn't work. I am at a loss with this.
Make sure you have something in the Other group.

User-added image
I have checked and it does have values:

User-added image
Sorry Louise, in that case I do not know what is incorrect. It seems you have OK in the report, however maybe there is something not OK in the dashboard. See my version which has been validated by the challenge check.

User-added image

I passed the stage for the dashboard too - I am really unsure what is wrong. Is there someone within Trailhead that get help, like a support centre? 
Louise have you defined the required rport type "Accounts with Contacts and with or without Hobbies" as base for the report?

It should look like this:

User-added image
User-added image

Hi Johan, this is exactly how my report is setup. Thank you for your help
Robert Peledie 10Robert Peledie 10
I'm also having issues with stage 5. I've read through everyones comments above, and tried all options. My Reprt Type looks like this:
User-added image
My Report looks like this:

User-added image

With the setup like this:
User-added image

I cannot see whats wrong at all!
The dashboards all passed ok.
I have checked the data, and relationships between objects.

I have had to re-create the report a few times, and although the Name of the report is "Lightning Hobbies by Contact", the Report Unique Name won't allow me to use that again so it is "Lightning_Hobbies_by_Contact3" or I get this:

User-added image

I have been looking at this for 3 days now! 
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As far as I can judge you are using the incorrect name for your report type.User-added image
Thanks Johan, but it's the same error even after the name is changed.
Any other ideas?
It mentions the columns.....
There are only 3 in the report:
Account Name (From Account Object)
Full Name (From Contact Object)
Hobby: Hobbies Name (From Contact Hobbies Object)

I also tried with Contact:Full Name from the Contact Hobbies Object just in case that was the issue.

I'm stuck!

Your report definition differs for mine, I enclosed mine so you can see it. BTW I have passed all challenges of this exercise.
User-added image 
Thanks Johan.....
What does it look like in Lightning?
I grouped by Account then contact then had the Hobby Name as a column.......Isn't this what was asked?

Johan....
Changed mine now....
User-added image

Still same Error!
Just cannot work it out.
Report type is right.
Report looks like yours.
Same error.
Hobby Type should be present as a column too.

User-added image
Yep all the same.....
User-added image

Completely stumped

Sorry that I can not be more helpfull.
Ok..... I think it may be the fact that I deleted a report, and now I cannot create a new report with the same Unique Name - I think that the check is looking at that, and not the report name. Doesnt look like I can do anything about it apart from start again with a new Org!!
Hilary ZarenejadHilary Zarenejad
Before you do that Robert do you need to remove report from recycle bin so it is not referencing the unique name?  https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=home_delete.htm&language=en_US
Hi Hilary..... I have already emptied the Recycle Bin.....
I did see on one forum that SF do a DB cleanup every weekend, and that it may resolve the issue after the next cleanup, but I'm not sure if that is correct.

Kajal Kantaria 9Kajal Kantaria 9
Hi Louise
I am struggling with the same issue - my report is exactly the same as above, and it allowed me to pass the dashboard part using the report. Can you explain what you did to complete the step? Thank you!
Getting This Message!!

The 'Contacts by Hobby and Rating' report is not configured correctly.
Create contact and hobby reports
Create the three hobby-related custom reports as detailed in the Business Requirements section above. Use the same custom Report Type as the basis of these custom reports. Set the Accounts object as the top level of the Report Type.

User-added image
User-added image
I have passed first 4 challanges!!
Please help me to pass this challange!!
Thank You!
Can anyone tell me what mistake I am making?

User-added image
I have used 5 fields!!
Hobby Type
rating
Acoount Name
Hobby: Hobby Name
Full Name

What is the content of challenge 5, I can not see that anymore since I have completed the complete trail. 
Derek Bennett 5Derek Bennett 5
Stuck on challenge 5, this is the error message I get:

The 'Lightning Hobbies by Contact' report does not appear to have a locked filter.

What am I doing wrong here???

User-added image
Theodore RayTheodore Ray
Dear All

I am getting the error message: The 'Lightning Hobbies by Contact' report does not appear to have either the correct report type or (most likely) the correct columns.

I have checked my columns and think the problem is that I have created a custom field for contact: full name. I did this because the name field for contacts is not available on the report builder (and there is no out-of-the box field called full name on the contact object).

I've read through the thread above and cannot see an answer to this - other than a number of people have simply said - use the out-of-the box field. However, I'm struggling to do this as it does not seem to be available - can anyone help?

Many thanks!!

Theodore

Hi Theodore,

Kindly try these options:
2 - created a new Report Type with Account - Contact - Contact Hobbies as the object and ensured out of the box full name is present.
And it just worked.

Theodore RayTheodore Ray
Hi Ajay

Thank you - yes - I saw this earlier but was unaware of the custom report type builder so misunderstood your meaning. Have since worked this out and created a report!
Theodore RayTheodore Ray
Hello again

Quick tip if you are new to lightning experience as I am. After fixing the above (thanks again Ajay!) I got another issue -  The 'Lightning Hobbies by Contact' report does not appear to have a locked filter.

The issue was that in lightning experience you get the option to lock a filter (https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=reports_builder_filtering.htm&language=en_US)which is not possible in Classic.

Shawn KurugantiShawn Kuruganti
Any explaination on Irene's issue with the "-" hobby type popping up when you filter by the grouped field?

Does this fail the check?

What is happening here?

Thanks,
Shawn
Loran SagguLoran Saggu

Shawn,

Your issue with the "-" has to do with filters. Your report is including contacts without Contact Hobby child objects (Contacts without Hobbies). As a result, the Contact Hobby field is blank for those contacts, and currently, you cannot include blank/null values in buckets in Salesforce.

To avoid this - you must first make sure that your report type is Accounts with Contacts with or without Contact Hobbies, and second, make sure that you apply a Cross Filter to the report to ensure that only Contacts with Contact Hobbies are included.

Thanks,
Loran

Loran SagguLoran Saggu
Can someone provide a step by step walkthrough on creating the Contacts by Hobby and Rating report? Like others in this thread, I cannot seem to configure the report correctly, but I have no idea what I am doing wrong!

Thank you,
Loran
Ronald Wulff 15Ronald Wulff 15
Hi there,
I have an issue with loading the contact_hobbies data.
Getting an error message Acton Mercado,"Camping","Contact: id value of incorrect type: Acton Mercado".
I am using dataloader.io and the unmanaged installed data model that comes along with the superbadge.
When I am dropping the M-D Relationship and make them custom fields, I can load the data. However, I guess to pass the challenges the M-D relationship should be there.
Thanks,
Ron
Matt NataliMatt Natali
Try changing the Contact names and the Hobby names to their unique SF IDs before uploading into the data loader (You can export this infomormation with the Data loader). This should solve your problem. 
Ronald Wulff 15Ronald Wulff 15
Thanks Matt ! This is how it worked.
jgeigerjgeiger
After reading through this and struggling myself for a while here is what I found.

IN CLASSIC: When you are adding the filter to the report in report builder there is a little checkbox where you can lock the filter.

User-added image

IN LIGHTNING: When you switch back you will see the locked filter 

User-added image

Hope this helps save some of the frustration I went through! :)
Chris Green 4Chris Green 4
@Robert Peledie 10
Did you ever figure out the problems you were having with the Lightning Hobbies by Contact report?  I'm getting the exact same issue and I did delete one version so API name has numbers on end.
Report setup:
User-added image
Report in Lightning Experience:
User-added image

Anja BotićAnja Botić
I need some help with this as well. I am getting an error: The 'Lightning Hobbies by Contact' report does not appear to have either the correct report type or (most likely) the correct columns.

I´ve created an extra field  in contacts to generate Full Name:
User-added image

Then created the report on Contacts  & Accounts.Made the bucket for Hobby Typed, filtered and locked for Outdoor Activity. Grouped by Account Name and Full Name, leaving Hobby Type and Hobbies Name as columns. I´ve also tried using the name "Contact Full Name". not adding Hobby Type as column, moving the report to another folder. Nothing works.

User-added image
User-added imageUser-added image
Anja BotićAnja Botić
Thank you, Irene. That solved my problem. I did not create a custom report type.
Srinivasa Amarendra Reddy VakaSrinivasa Amarendra Reddy Vaka
@Irene Schild - Were you able to resolve the nulls returned in the report output? Tried all the permutations and combinations, it didn't help...
Jason HuggerJason Hugger
User-added image

Check the locked box on the Hobby Type filter.
Anjaneya BobbalaAnjaneya Bobbala
User-added imageUser-added imageUser-added image
Crystal ZhuCrystal Zhu
Hi All, Regarding the Lightning Hobbies by Contact report , were you able to resolve the nulls returned in the report output? Many thanks for your advice!  
Amy Mitchell 1Amy Mitchell 1
Has anyone came across this error "Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Lightning Hobbies by Contact' report does not appear to have a locked filter." even tho the filter - Hobby Type equals "Outdoor Activities" IS locked? - Even shows that it has been locked when running the report in lighting 
celine guennoceline guenno
Help me please !!

The 'Contacts by Hobby and Rating' report is not configured correctly.

User-added image

I can not understand where I was wrong !!

Doug CairnsDoug Cairns
I had hidden Details fields behind the Matrix report.  Removed them all and it checked out.
Bareera NoorBareera Noor
@Amy I am facing the same issue how did you solve this problem?

Babita Dadarwal 10Babita Dadarwal 10
Hi All, 
I was also facing the same issue for the 'Contacts by Hobbies and Ratings' and tried all the above solutions but failed to complete because I had two reports with the same label (API names were different but still having the issue ). So please make sure that you only have one report with the label as 'Contacts by Hobbies and Ratings' and try again. It may help.
Ayelet Margolin-LehtmanAyelet Margolin-Lehtman
Hello there, I am having trouble getting past setting up the custom report type. After reading the notes here, it seems I am correct in wanting to create a report with A) Account, B) Contacts, and C) Contact Hobbies, which should look like this:
User-added image

However, Contact Hobbies is not showing up as an option for me:

User-added image

I can't figure out how to fix this. Can anyone help?
Shruthi NandakumarShruthi Nandakumar
See if this helps. User-added image
Matt Foley 10Matt Foley 10
Outdoor Activities
Arts and Crafts
Extreme Sports
Games

Copy and Paste these Bucket Field options exactly.

I got the 'Contacts by Hobby and Rating' report is not configured correctly because I put: Arts & Crafts instead of Arts and Crafts
Ayelet LehtmanAyelet Lehtman
Shruthi,

Thanks for your post, but this doesn't help much. The third, "green" option - Contact Hobbies, is not showing up on my picklist. How can I get this to show up?

Thanks,
Ayelet
Scott CampanyScott Campany
Hi All,
I was struggling with this as well.  In my first attempt to complete the [Contacts by Hobby and Rating] report I had not use "Account" as the top object as stated in the Superbadge details.  "Note: Create a custom report type to form the basis of all three reports, with Accounts as the top object."

I deleted the report and recreated it by selecting "New Report... --> Accounts & Contacts --> Contacts with Contactd Hobbies and Hobbies

I then recreated the report putting every hobby in one of the four catergoires Outdoor Activities
Arts and Crafts
Extreme Sports
Games

I saved the report and checked the challenge.  It failed with message "'Contacts by Hobby and Rating' report is not configured correctly"

I then went back in to the report and removed one of the hobbies from a bucket, so that I ended up with an "Other" Hobby Type in the report.

I rechecked the challenge and it passed.

User-added image
I hope this helps someone!! Good luck