function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mitchell McLaughlin 1Mitchell McLaughlin 1 

API User cannot access field using SOAP

Hi - 

Using SOAP API, our API User cannot view the MediumPhotoUrl field. Apparently this is on the CollaborationGroup object and is new in summer release as of yesterday. How do i give my API user access visibility to this field? I believe i need to update the API version but how??

INVALID_FIELD: 

Market__c, Media_Solutions__c, MediumPhotoUrl, MiddleName, MobilePhone

^

ERROR at Row:1:Column:866

No such column 'MediumPhotoUrl' on entity 'User'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.
uri-dev1.392024776339377E12uri-dev1.392024776339377E12
Hi Mitchell,
This field is probably absent from your WSDL.
I believe you should re export an updated WSDL, regenerate code and retry.
Uri
Damon ShawDamon Shaw
Hi Mitchell,

Did you manage to resolve this? we're having the same issue,

I've checked the WSDL and the field is included for both CollaborationGroup and User but we still get the same message when trying to get the User field
Mitchell McLaughlin 1Mitchell McLaughlin 1
Damon, if i remember correctly, the solution was to go into Setup --> Api --> Generate Enterprise WSDL, at the very bottom, grab your salesforce URL, and post it into the service that is currently erroring out calling into salesforce. We use config settings that hold a url to salesforce, username, password, and more, i had to update the URL. I Maybe because the API Version was out of sync. For example, it might be yourOrgSFDC.com/37.0/FJ3492JD

and salesforce is probably up to **..../38.0/****** or something along those lines.
Damon ShawDamon Shaw
Thanks Mitchell, I asked our partners to check their API version and after they changed it from 36 to 37 it started working