function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
pavan kumar 177pavan kumar 177 

Unable to calculate days in apex

I need to calculate days between two fields.

So I use daysBetween to complete when I try to do with two dates it's working fine.

But, when I try with list(or) map  it throws an error like:

Method does not exist or incorrect signature: [Date].daysBetween(List)

For reference my code:

public date closedates;
Public Long details;
List<Case> c=new List<case>();
List<Integer> Values=new List<Integer>();
//Integer Value=0;
List<Date> Churndate=new List<Date>();
List<Date> closedatesd=new List<Date>();
c=[Select Id,Date_Order_Received__c,accountId from case where RecordTypeId = '01290000000sF3L'];
System.debug('Data in Case '+c);
List<Id> accountIds= new List<Id>();
List<Account> accounts=new List<Account>();
List<Id> opps=new List<Id>();
List<Date> Oppsdate= new List<Date>();
for(Case cl:c) {
accountIds.add(cl.accountId);
//Churndate=cl.Date_Order_Received__c;
Churndate.add(cl.Date_Order_Received__c);
}
System.debug('Date value in '+churndate);
for(Account ao:[Select Id,name,(select Id,name,CloseDate from opportunities) from account where Id in:accountIds]) {
for(Opportunity opp : ao.opportunities) {
opps.add(opp.Id);
//details=closedates.daysBetween(Churndate);
**Values.add(opp.CloseDate.daysBetween(Churndate));**
//Other Operation you want to perform with every opportunity
}
}
JeffreyStevensJeffreyStevens
Churndate is a list of dates. The daysBetween method has to operate on a single date. 
Hey you are right.But my requirement is to calculate a date field in case with close date in opportunity.But for a account lot of opportunities are avilable.So,Please can you tell me solution to resolve this issue. @JeffreyStevens 
So, what starts this process?  A specific case?  Or - are you doing this for all cases, and all accounts on those cases, and all opportunities on those acocunts?  (That's about what your code is doing now).
I wrote this code in anonymous block for testing puropose.Actually my requirement is to wrote a trigger. And my requirement is case with record type customer order have a date called Date_Order_Received__c.I want to know the differentiate between this date and closedate in opportunity.So,from cases i get account Id-->opportunityId(Closedate)-->.I want to know number.If difference is 180 days i want to update a field in that particular opportunity.So,for account multiple opportunities are there.So i stucked in this place to handle bulk.Please help me @JeffreyStevens.If you want to know anything
Okay - so you've got a bit of a architectural problem.  In order to do it correctly - you would need a one-to-one relationship on the Case to Opportunity - Correct?  But you don't have relationship - right?  So  you've got some choices...
1) Create (and somehow maintain) the relationship from the Case to the Opportunity
2) Get to AN Opportunity through the account.

If you chose #2 - you have to choose - the first opportunity associated with the account, ALL opportunities, the LAST opportunity - or another type of criteria. 

You might try some code close to this.  (I didn't do your selects on the exact case, etc) But this should give you a concept of how to do it.

// Loop through Cases & get Account IDs, building map
map<id,Case> mAccountIdCase = new map<id,Case>();
For(Case c :[SELECT id,Date_Order_Received__c,AccountId FROM Case  ]) {
    mAccountIdCase.put(c.AccountId,c);
}

// Get Account & opportunites
list<Account> accounts = new list<Account>([SELECT id,
                                            		(SELECT id,CloseDate FROM Opportunities) 
                                            FROM Account 
                                            WHERE id IN :mAccountIdCase.keyset()]);

// Build Opportunites to update if needed
list<Opportunity> opportunitiesToUpdate = new list<Opportunity>();
For(Account a :Accounts) {
    for(Opportunity o :a.opportunities) {
        if(mAccountIdCase.containsKey(a.id)) {
            integer checkDays = 0;
            checkDays = o.closeDate.daysBetween(mAccountIdCase.get(a.id).Date_Order_Received__c);
            if(checkDays > 180) {
                Opportunity iterOppty = new Opportunity();
                iterOppty = o;
                iterOppty.Past180Flag__c = true;
                opportunitesToUpdate.add(iterOppty);
            }
        }
    }
}

if(opportunitesToUpdate.size()>0) {
    update oportunitesToUpdate;
}

I have newly joined in my organisation.Till now there is no relationship between cases & opportunity.So, i had already proposed the lookup relationship to opportunity.But they didn't accept the solution.So i started writing apex coding i drill down up to opportunities.But i stuck in a place calculating difference in date.So,I tried so many solutions to complete.@JeffreyStevens

Thanks atleast you showed me a concept to handle it.I will work on this if i face any issues i will let you know.once again thanks for sharing knowledge begineers like me.@JeffreyStevens
hey please i have to create any boolean variable Past180Flag__c in opportunity
@JeffreyStevens