function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Forrest MulduneForrest Muldune 

Trigger - RollUp Summary - Opportunities and Custom Object

All,

I have a custom object Matter__c  label is Engagement with a lookup relationship field Deal__c  datatype Lookup(Opportunity) that connects to Opportunity. Opportunities object in my Salesforce database is rename to Deal__c  .

I am requesting if the currency value in the custom currency (16,2)  field Total_Fees__c in the custom object  Matter__c which may contain one or more records ,  will Rollup Summary into the related Opportunity ( Deal__c ) record,   within the custom currency (16,2) field Engagement_Total_Fees__c .  For each Deal__c record there can be one or  many Matter__c  records.

I created a Trigger below but it is not working. I believe the trigger does not have coding that will place the currency values in the Total_Fees__c field in Matter__c records to be summarize in the Engagement_Total_Fees__c in the Deal__c record.

I am not an expert in triggers and I could appreciate the help.

trigger UpdateEngagementTotalFees on Matter__c (After insert,After update,After delete){
    Set<String>dealIds= new Set<String>();
    if(Trigger.isDelete){
        for(Matter__c mat : Trigger.old){
            dealIds.add(mat.Deal__c);
        }
    }else if(Trigger.isUpdate){
       for(Matter__c mat : Trigger.New){
            if(mat.Deal__c != trigger.oldMap.get(mat.id).Deal__c || mat.Total_Fees__c !=trigger.oldMap.get(mat.id).Total_Fees__c){
                if(mat.Deal__c!=null)
                if(trigger.oldMap.get(mat.id).Deal__c!=null)
                  dealIds.add(trigger.oldMap.get(mat.id).Deal__c);  
            }
       } 
    }else{
        for(Matter__c mat : Trigger.New){
            if(mat.Deal__c != null){
            }
        }
    }
    if(dealIds.size()>0){
        TriggerUtility.rollupBookValues(dealIds,'Matter__c');
    }
    }

JeffreyStevensJeffreyStevens
Looks like all this trigger is doing is collecting the DealIds that should rolled up.

Probably the real work is happening in the TriggerUtility.rollupBookValues() method.

Forrest MulduneForrest Muldune
Thanks for your response.