function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SAI CHARAN MADUGULASAI CHARAN MADUGULA 

system.security.NoAccessException: Update access denied for Account, controller action methods may not execute

Hello All,

I dont know why this error pop up is comming.can any body please help for this when i am trying to save i am getting this error.
system.security.NoAccessException: Update access denied for Account, controller action methods may not execute

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Sai,

First and foremost sincerely regret delayed reply.

This error means that the profile that executes the apex code has no permission to update accounts.

Do you have access to the apex code, or to modify your profile ?
  • change the first line of apex code from "public with sharing..." to "public without sharing...".
                                                         or
  • add create permission to your profile (setup / manage users / profiles / your profile / check create checkbox in account object)
                                                         or
  • Is there any trigger associated to account that may be fired by your code ?

If this occurs in a public site, go to setup / develop / sites / your site / click on public access settings.

if none of this work, the problem is inside the apex code, the developer who wrote th code is the best to debug it.

Also keep in mind that Sites users cannot update accounts, this is a licensing limitation.

For more information follow these links. Please mark this post as solved if the information helps.

Best Regards,
Nagendra.P

Christopher D. EmersonChristopher D. Emerson
FWIW I recently had to deal w/a similar error:
System.VisualforceException: Update access denied for PricebookEntry, controller action methods may not execute.
My notes/solution here: https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/a/368565/43223