function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
raji devi 1raji devi 1 

Custom Date field readonly issue

Hi All,
My senariou like this .. I have check box and custom date  field when we select checkbox then the record going to save as current date. it was done by workflow field update . But the probleam is Date field is editable.

i want to locked the date field(Custom date) so that no one can change the date.I have make the checkbox read only through Edit Layout  but still it's editable.

is there any other way to make the date field read only?

Thanks,
Raji
Best Answer chosen by raji devi 1
ManojSankaranManojSankaran
Hi Raji,

This can be acheieved using two ways.
1. using a validation rule
2. using a page layout and a record Type

1. Using validation.
Checkbox__c == True && PRIORVALUE(DateField__c) != DateField__c

2. Using a page layout and a record type.
Create a new record type and page layout(in this page layout make that date field read only)
On checking the Checkbox__c create a workflow rule and update the record type to the read only record type.

If this solves your answer mark is as answer.

Thanks
Manoj S

All Answers

ManojSankaranManojSankaran
Hi Raji,

This can be acheieved using two ways.
1. using a validation rule
2. using a page layout and a record Type

1. Using validation.
Checkbox__c == True && PRIORVALUE(DateField__c) != DateField__c

2. Using a page layout and a record type.
Create a new record type and page layout(in this page layout make that date field read only)
On checking the Checkbox__c create a workflow rule and update the record type to the read only record type.

If this solves your answer mark is as answer.

Thanks
Manoj S

This was selected as the best answer
raji devi 1raji devi 1
Hi Manoj,

Thanks alot it worked
I used first approch.

Regards,
Raji
raji devi 1raji devi 1
Hi Manoj,
I am building the login like this but i am getting error: Error:Formula result is data type (Boolean), incompatible with expected data type (Date).
SDR_HAndoffDate is checkbox,  Custom Date field is SDR_Handoff_Date__c
SDR_Handoff_Date__c  == True && PRIORVALUE(SDR_Handoff_Date__c) != SDR_Handoff_Date__c
Can you suggest?
Thanks ,
Raji
raji devi 1raji devi 1
*Hi Manoj,I am building the login like this but i am getting error: Error:Formula result is data type (Boolean), incompatible with expected data type (Date).SDR_HAndoffDate is checkbox, Custom Date field is SDR_Handoff_Date__cSDR_Handoff_Date__c == True && PRIORVALUE(SDR_Handoff_Date__c) != SDR_Handoff_Date__cCan you suggest?Thanks ,Raji*