function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sinka Tinko 1Sinka Tinko 1 

What does this option mean?

"Can Approve Feed Post" Under Administrative Permissions
Best Answer chosen by Sinka Tinko 1
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
Please check below post. I hope that will help you.
1) https://releasenotes.docs.salesforce.com/en-us/summer16/release-notes/rn_networks_moderation_rules_review.htm
User-added image

While the post is in review, it’s visible only to the author of the post and users with the “Can Approve Feed Post” permission. Other members of the community can’t see posts that are awaiting review and approval. The post author can edit or delete the post while it’s pending review but can’t comment on it.
In the community feed, users with the “Can Approve Feed Post” permission see the Approve action in the drop-down menu. If the post is inappropriate, they can delete it. If the post has a typo, they can even edit it.

Please let us know if this will help you

All Answers

deepak balur 19deepak balur 19
This is for the Approvals by Chatter feature of Salesforce.
Sinka Tinko 1Sinka Tinko 1
Hi,

I have checked the trailhead module and it does not say anything about this particulat option. So I am wondering if this option needs to checked (mandatory) in order for users to approve via chatter.

Thank you
deepak balur 19deepak balur 19
If you want approval by Chatter please go ahead and check this box else please ignore.
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
Please check below post. I hope that will help you.
1) https://releasenotes.docs.salesforce.com/en-us/summer16/release-notes/rn_networks_moderation_rules_review.htm
User-added image

While the post is in review, it’s visible only to the author of the post and users with the “Can Approve Feed Post” permission. Other members of the community can’t see posts that are awaiting review and approval. The post author can edit or delete the post while it’s pending review but can’t comment on it.
In the community feed, users with the “Can Approve Feed Post” permission see the Approve action in the drop-down menu. If the post is inappropriate, they can delete it. If the post has a typo, they can even edit it.

Please let us know if this will help you

This was selected as the best answer