function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Dr. Thomas MillerDr. Thomas Miller 

"Add a domain" not visible

I am doing a test run of some steps to set up a custom domain name. I created a fresh developer org and enabled communities.
When going to Domain management / Domains there is no way to select "Add a domain".
I do have the relevant permissions (as documented in help section) in the system Administrator profile.
What am I missing?
RbnRbn
Hi Thomas, 

Under Domain Management - Domains  - It lists all the domains which are being added to your organization.

To set up this , Navigate to Domain Management - My Domains - and in the checkbox enter a unique name and click on check availability - Check the terms 7 Conditions Checkbox - Click on Register my domain
It would take 1 to 10 mins, and you would receive a email and, after which you can deploy the domain to your org and to all Users.

Also , you will be able to view the domain name under Domain Management - Domains.

Do let me know, if you require any further help on this.

Rgrds,
Rabi
Dr. Thomas MillerDr. Thomas Miller
Hello Rabi,
I have set up a domain name for the SF app (and I can see it in Domains), and I have also set up communities.
Now, if I would want to associate the custom domain name xxx.mycompany.com to this community, the first step, according to all docs I have found, would be to go to Domains, choose "Add a domain" and upload a CNAME record.
But in Domains there is no "Add a domain" button!
I checked all documented requirements;
To add domains:“Customize Application” or “View Setup and Configuration” plus either a Site.com Publisher license or “Create and Set Up Communities”

BR
Thomas
Rajesh Pukale 10Rajesh Pukale 10
Hello Thomas,

If you trying to create it in Sandbox then it's not available. Create it in Production and assign it to that Sandbox where you are going to use it.

Regards,
Rajesh