function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Cynthia DouglassCynthia Douglass 

Web-to-Lead question

I created a web-to-lead form & embedded the code in my website. The form looks correct in edit mode on my page, but once published, the field names disappear, so I can't test it (since I can't see what blank line relates to which field). I'd also like to match the font in the form to the font in the website, set up a validation rules that requires a match between "Email" and "Confirm Email."  On the wish list is creating two columns for information in the form that is short, so the whole form is not so long.  I added an extra line break to have more space between lines, and spaces after field names so that the names are butting up against the blank line.  In some cases I added a colon after the field name when missing.  All of these little "extras" did not change the fact that the form doesn't show up properly once publishes.  I published first with no changes, code exactly as it was generated from Salesforce, and then with changes.  No difference.  Can you help me?

Adding the entire code for this form makes this question longer than the maximum 32,000 characters.  What would be useful to post with this question if I can't include the entire code?
RaidanRaidan
Hi Cynthia,

Can you make sure the public profile of your site has the correct permission to access your page and fields? There is a Public Access Settings button on the site configuration page. 

SalesFORCE_enFORCErSalesFORCE_enFORCEr
In Web to Lead, Salesforce just generates the basic html form to create lead. If you want to sync the look and feel of the form with your website then you have to change the html of the page accordingly.
Cynthia DouglassCynthia Douglass
Hi Raidan.  I'm sorry, but I don't know how to do that!  However, can you use the developer tool in Chrome to see the code for the page (http://www.us-arabchamber.org/stay-informed.html)?  Does that help?  I've got the code in a PDF file, but I can only update .jpg, .gif, or .png, and it's about 16 pages of code, so the the file may be huge if I convert.  Please advise.
RaidanRaidan
Hi Cynthia,

First of all, I want to apologize for misunderstanding your question. I thought you were talking about the Web-to-Case form. In Web-to-Lead, the form is embedded in your web page (not necessarily through Salesforce site).

I can see that your form is there. The name fields are also there. However, I noticed the header part is covering the top of the form. So there is a chance the name fields are actually covered behind the header (not really missing). Do you think that is the case? You probably will have to fix the styling of the header.

To add a validation, you will have to change the form action of the html. Instead of redirecting the submission directly to Salesforce, you can call a javascript validation, and submit the form through javascript.

Is my answer too confusing? :-) I can go through the details if necessary.