function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
arul ganesharul ganesh 

Regarding Handling “Ghost” Records After Sync Down Operations

Hi,
    I am working with Salesforce SDK 4.1 for Android native mobile app. My requirement is to remove records from local soup which is deleted from server. I found a link related to my requirement. But little confused with the SDK version. That link mentioned that the feature avail in SDK version 4.2. But the current official version is 4.1 it seems. What they are trying to convey on that link. please go through this link https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.mobile_sdk.meta/mobile_sdk/entity_framework_sync_ghosts.htm and give some clear idea.. 
Thanks in advance.
Hari hara suthanHari hara suthan
Hi Arul,
cleanResyncGhosts method will delete the record which is deleted in the cloud. Have you tried implment this method in your code? current version is 4.1.2.

Thanks,
Hari 
arul ganesharul ganesh
Hai hari thanks for response,i want to remove the deleted records I donno how to find the method which they mention in their link
arul ganesharul ganesh
I cant even find the method I donno how to use it ,it will be so thankfull if u guide me
Hari hara suthanHari hara suthan
Have you implmented smart sync ? or Just to sync down the records to smart store?. Have you tried clear soup https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.mobile_sdk.meta/mobile_sdk/offline_soup_clear.htm?search_text=soup
arul ganesharul ganesh
i have implemented the incremental sync all i hav to do is sending a long value(syncId) to get the newly modified records this action wont do anything for the already syncdowned records so i will have ghost records i need to remove those records,i cant even find the existence of the method cleanResyncGhosts,Can u tell what i hav to do exactly in order to use this method
Philip GuerreiroPhilip Guerreiro
use the 4.2 SDK however there isnt any clean examples of how to use this yet
arul ganesharul ganesh
hai philip thanks for your response, i cant download 4.2 sdk, wherever i search i found 4.1 sdk only, can you pls show me where to download the 4.2 sdk please, thanks in advance,
Hi Arul

if you click the link below and then navigate to SalesforceMobileSDK-Android 

https://github.com/forcedotcom
arul ganesharul ganesh
malai da annamalai da......reallyyy thanks alot dude......
arul ganesharul ganesh
hai philip i have one more question how can i get validation error message after every syncup
sorry for the late reply could you post your code 
arul ganesharul ganesh
thanks for your kind reply philip i just want to know how  to use buildExactQuerySpec,buildMatchQuerySpec,buildRangeQuerySpec,buildLikeQuerySpec these methods which is available in sdk... i tried in many ways but everything went wrong,can you please let me know any ideas about all these method,it will be glad if you attach any examples too ,thanks in advance.