+ Start a Discussion
vamsi varmavamsi varma 

I would like to have richtext area in custom setting can you please help me to have alternative

I would like to know if there is any alternative to store long text in custom setting
Vasani ParthVasani Parth
Vamsi - AFAIK ,you can't currently store more than 255 characters in any field in a Custom Setting. If you absolutely need this, you'd have to use multiple fields or use a full-blown Custom Object. It is easy enough to just set the object's permissions such that normal users can not edit the records, and if you do not create a tab for it, then it will be essentially invisible in the system.

Please mark this as the best answer if this helps
vamsi varmavamsi varma
can i know what is full-blown object

Vasani ParthVasani Parth
Vamsi - By full blown object I meant using full fledged custom object.:). 
vamsi varmavamsi varma

What i actually mean is i want to store a sessiont state , in next execution i have to get that and do some operations on that state nd save it again , if i use custom object for that , for every call a new record generates.

So we cannot get previous data from that. i think you understood

Vasani ParthVasani Parth
Can't you break them up into smaller strings? Is there a reason that you need to store session state in custom setting field ? Can't you just create more custom setting fields to hold the different values. One approach I find is to that might or might not work for you is to use Document objects to hold long JSON strings. You can base the name on e.g. the UserInfo.getUserId() and put these documents in a specific folder.

Please mark this as the best answer if this helps