function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Claire DoyleClaire Doyle 

Process Builder - schedule email action

Hi All,

I'm a little confused in relation to the process builder as to how it triggers when you schedule an email at different intervals.

To put it in to context for you my use case is as follows:

I have a candidate and when they are moved in to a certain substatus of an object i want an automated email to go out to the candidate as a reminder 7, 14 and 21 days after they were originally moved to that status. That is straightforward, however, my confusion lies with the fact that during these intervals the candidates status might change and the email will no longer need to be sent out to them. I only want the emails sent if they are still at that status. 

My question is say the email at the 7 day interval goes ahead but the candidate moves to a different status on day 10 will the workflow reevaluate the criteria before sending out the day 14 email or is it just set up so that once the criteria is met on the first time the emails are automatically scheduled to be sent at the relevant intervals regardless of if the status changes?

If the above is the case do i need to set up different processes or workflow rules for each interval that i want an email to go out rather than build it in to the one process?

Thanks,
Claire
Best Answer chosen by Claire Doyle
GauravGargGauravGarg

Hi Claire,

The above scenario can be fulfilled through 3 different Workflow rule. Please follow below steps:
1. Create Workflow rule having entry criteria, and create Time Based workflow rule for 7 days.
2. Create Workflow rule having entry criteria, and create Time Based workflow rule for 14 days.
3. Create Workflow rule having entry criteria, and create Time Based workflow rule for 21 days.

Workflow rule will always evaluate the criteria before sending out any email. 

Hope this will work for you.

Thanks,

Gaurav

All Answers

GauravGargGauravGarg

Hi Claire,

The above scenario can be fulfilled through 3 different Workflow rule. Please follow below steps:
1. Create Workflow rule having entry criteria, and create Time Based workflow rule for 7 days.
2. Create Workflow rule having entry criteria, and create Time Based workflow rule for 14 days.
3. Create Workflow rule having entry criteria, and create Time Based workflow rule for 21 days.

Workflow rule will always evaluate the criteria before sending out any email. 

Hope this will work for you.

Thanks,

Gaurav

This was selected as the best answer
Claire DoyleClaire Doyle
Thank you Gaurav that makes sense to me :)
GauravGargGauravGarg
Welcome Claire. 

Thanks,
Gaurav
Email: gauravgarg.nmims@gmail.com