function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Javier CervantesJavier Cervantes 

Autofill Opportunity Qualify date + MDR/ADM upon conversion.

I am VERY new to Salesforce Administration & the community in general so I hope this is the correct place to place this question.

I've been asked to take on all low level SF complaints and suggestions for about 30 people. I recently had a suggestion that upon converting a lead
the Opportunity page automatically fill in the ADM/MDR & Qualify date. Is this at all possible and if so, how?
Veenesh VikramVeenesh Vikram
Hi Javier,

You could create a custom field on the Lead and a corresponding custom field on the Opportunity (both hidden).  Perhaps a checkbox or a picklist or something like that.  Have it set with a default value "Checked" on the Lead and "unchecked" on Opportunity.  Setup your Lead Custom Field Mapping to map this Lead field to the corresponding Opportunity field.

So what would happen is if the Lead is Convereted and an Opp created at the same time, the field on the Opp would also be "Checked"... If the field on the Opp is not checked then it was not created through Lead Conversion process.

Later, you can write a Workflow rule on Opportunity based on this field, which will fire on Record Creation of opportunity and will populate the fields using field updates.

Hope this helps you!

Best Regards
Veenesh