function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Adam GrossmanAdam Grossman 

Visual Flow Load Failure. Can't Load Invocable Actions.

When I load any visual flows in my org I get a load error. Most of the time it won't open the flow though sometimes it does get through on the oldest version I have available.

I tried opening a case per the instructions on the error but was bounced to this forum as it's out of scope for standard support. I'm not sure where to look to modify/deactivate/delete the invocable actions that might cause the failure.

Total failure to open

Load failure though successfully opened flow

Tim GaubyTim Gauby
Did you ever find a resolution to your issue? I am seeing the same issue and not sure how to troubleshoot. 
Adam GrossmanAdam Grossman
@Tim, I did get a resolution after a month of working with support and escalating to Tier 3. It turned out to be a suspended managed package (TaskRay in my case). We never determined exactly why it wasn't working, as the elements in my flow didn't actually reference the managed package, but uninstalling the package cleared up the issue.
Tim GaubyTim Gauby
@Adam Funny enough my company was just testing TaskRay and I think the eval just ended. I am going to go give that a try. Thanks!!
Tim GaubyTim Gauby
@Adam - You are seriously a life saver, that worked!! I don't think I would have ever determined that was the issue. I am going to log a case with TaskRay and tell them about the issue. Thanks again!!
MikenameMikename
Wat. As a developer of TaskRay, I have no idea why this would happen. We do package a global invocable apex method, but I have no idea why a flow would be inspecting that expired global method if it's not referenced in the flow? 

I'm going to work on a minimal reproduction for Salesforce to read the gack from, unfortunately we have no more insight into a gack than a customer.

If you are having immeidate issues let us know and we will extend the trial until we can get this resolved.

Thanks,
Mike
MikenameMikename
Well, that was easy to reproduce. I created a flow while I had a trial, manipulated the trial expiration to be expired, and got the same error message upon loading the flow.

I am making a ticket and will keep this thread updated with the progress of it. I expect this impacts any expired managed package that contains a global invocable method.

Sorry, for the pain, hopefully it won't be too bad to sort out with Salesforce.
Tim GaubyTim Gauby
@Mike I wasn't sure if it was going to be easily repro-able. Glad you guys were able to get your eyes on it and see it in action.  
Raj Bhargava 2Raj Bhargava 2
@Mike we're getting the same error message when opening a couple of flows that we created. We are using TaskRay as well but have an "Active" subscription. Thoughts?
MikenameMikename
Hi Raj,

Does the user opening the flows have a TaskRay license assigned to them? I'm in the middle of getting a known issue generated with Salesforce, but the behavior is pretty much what we expected. There's a bug in the flow designer that attempts to add all InvocableMethods to the pallet, then in the process of accessing a InvocableMethod the user doesn't have access to, it throws the gack.

If you grant login access to Salesforce support, message me the org Id, and tell me the flow you get the error on, I'd be happy to add this org to the case leading to the known issue.

Thanks,
Mike
Thanks Mike. Yes, I am the user in this case (and the admin) and I do have a TaskRay license assigned to me. I'll reach out to SF support and loop you in on that...Raj
MikenameMikename
Ok, not sure why it would be throwing in that case. Maybe it's another package's global invocable method? My support case is #14860291 . Adding that to yours may help cut through the normal tier 1-2ish stuff.
Mike I opened a case with SF support (Case# 14930019) and referenced the case # you provided. The one thing I should add is that our TaskRay subscription had "Expired" a couple of weeks ago (due to the previous credit card being changed over to a new one) and we had to essentially repurchase all the licenses all over again with a new credit card (that seemed to be the only option available). Wondering if that had something to do with this issue.
MikenameMikename
Hmm, I'm not sure why it would. Hopefully Salesforce support can shed some more light onto the situation :(
Mike, the issue was with another package that was in "expired" status. The flow issue was resolved once we uninstalled that package. Thanks for your input on this issue.
MikenameMikename
Glad you got it figured out Raj.

Salesforce has made this article: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=Error-Can-t-load-invocable-actions-in-visual-flow&language=en_US&type=1 .

I am still pushing for a true known issue.

Thanks,
Mike

Akshay KopardeAkshay Koparde
Dear Fellow Learners,

I am facing an issue where my visual flow does not load. I checked my internet speed connection it is 10Mbps. Please suggest how this can be reolved. Looking forward to get it resolved.Screenshot
Alpi Sharma 3Alpi Sharma 3
The error shows up when you open an existing visual flow or when you create a new flow because all invocable actions available in the organization will be loaded in the cloud flow designer palette. Even though they're not referenced in the flow, they'll still be loaded. To resolve the issue, you'll need to extend the license of the managed package or delete the expired package.
Dennis WenzelDennis Wenzel
I removed all of my installed packages and that did not resolve the issue.  Are there any other suggestions?  I should say that I'm attempting to complete the Trailhead for "External Services".
Lewis HowelLewis Howel
Hi all,

So a good 4 years after this original post, I am now experincing basically the same issue in lightning flow.

I will try the removal of expired packages and come back on here. I have raised a case with support, but I am the one that shared this link and the known issue with them.....lol SFSupport are sooo good....