function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Greg Palmer 13Greg Palmer 13 

Ajax updating of records

I would really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction as I have been unable to find a resolution from Googling.

I have a visual force page which is essentially an advanced calendar. I create a JSON object from data within SF then using JS I parse the JSON and then dynamically create the HTML markup which make up the visual elements of the page. I am not using any standard SF components for the display, i.e. no label/checkboxes/text boxes etc..

When I drag and drop one of the elements on the page I would like to send an ajax request off to SF and have a record updated, SF should then report back to me whether the update was successful or not (ideally with a JSON response).

Is this possible in SF and if so can someone either point me in the direction of a support article or an example?

Many Thanks

Greg
Best Answer chosen by Greg Palmer 13
Greg Palmer 13Greg Palmer 13
I've found what I was looking for - Just in case someone else stumbles across this with a similar query, here is a link to Remote Objects, which should solve the problem - https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.pages.meta/pages/pages_remote_objects.htm?search_text=remote%20objects