function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
krishna reddy nandyala 8krishna reddy nandyala 8 

how to make pagelayout assignment and record types hide it

Anupama SamantroyAnupama Samantroy
Hi Krishna,

Please elaborate your question and give more details.

Thanks
Anupama
WalidWalid
A Record Type is:
  1. A Business Process: for example, a Support Proces for Cases that contains certain Case Status picklist values: I will have 2 different Record Typs here, 1- Internal Cases Record types (with only a few status picklist values)  and 2- External Cases Record Type (with the full Status picklist values)
  2. Other fields picklist values of the same Object - for example if I have any other picklist field for the same Object, I can specify which values I can choose for each Record Type
You can configure a Record type to use the defautl page layout, or you can also create new page layout for it.if you want to remove some fields or add othe field. 

To configure these, go to:
  1. in the case of a standard object: Setup | Build | Customize | Object Name - there you can find Page Layout / Record Type / Support Process (or any other process)
  2. in the case of Custom Object: Setup | Build | Create | Object | Choose Object - All sections are there

So for now, a Record type = Business Process + Other picklist fields values + optional page layout. All these 3 are configured from within the Object itself. 

To specify which page layout goes with which Record Type, go to the Page Layout link of the Object (in the case of a standard object: Setup | Build | Customize | Object Name | Page Layout / in the case of Custom Object: Setup | Build | Create | Object | Choose Object | go to Page Layout section), and click on "Page Layout Assignment" button. There you can specify which Page Layout goes with which Record Type. Of course you should configure the page layout beforehand to hide or add new fields.

I hope this helps.; Let me know if that answers your question.

Regards,
Walid