function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mircea IliescuMircea Iliescu 

Process Automation Challenges in Trailhead have bugs (completed without all requirements)

Hi, Salesforcers!

While doing the Process Automation module, I realized that most of the Challenges are bugged in a way that you can still successfully complete the challenge even if you haven't done all the requirements. 

Let's take the Collect Information from Users and then Operate on It with Visual Workflow, the challenge being called Create a flow to streamline entry of new accounts, contacts, and opportunities. Here are the requirements:

To pass this challenge you will need to create a flow that implements the business process of Account, Contact, and Opportunity data entry and place it on a Visualforce page.
The Flow will need to be called 'New Customer Flow'.
The Flow should have a screen with fields for First Name, Last Name, Company Name, Opportunity Amount, and Opportunity Stage.
The Flow needs to have steps to create an account, a contact, and an opportunity from the data entered.
Opportunity name, close date and stage are required fields. Name the Opportunity '{Company Name} - {Last Name}', set the close date to one month from today and set the stage to 'Prospecting'.
The Flow should be invoked from a Visualforce page.
The Visualforce page should be called FlowPage.
The Visualforce page will need a component to reference the 'New Customer Flow' process.

When I completed the challenge first try, it seemed to me it was a bit too easy especially because I just hit the "Check Challenge" out of curiosity, without double checking my work. So I started changing random stuff in my flow in order to check the accuracy of this challenge. After butchering the whole flow, Trailhead would still validate it.

In the end, to make sure I'm not mistaken, I created a fresh Developer Edition and started from scratch. I created the most basic flow just to be able to activate it and then link it to a Visualforce page. As long as the page can be found, Trailhead will validate the challenge, no matter what you do inside the flow. 

While I do love Trailhead, I find this wrong as I could have thought that "I nailed it" in the first try and move on to the other challenges, which are similarly bugged, giving me a false evaluation of my skills. Until this is fixed, I suggest to the people who use Trailhead to find a second source that validates the challenges they do. For example, I found that particular unit solved here, on the forum, screenshots and all, and was able to see what I did wrong.

Have any of you encountered such issues? 

Rebecca BailinRebecca Bailin
thanks for this because i just put together a totally crap flow which i know doesn't meet the requirements of the challenge and it checked me off because i got the flow plage. 

this may be because the training doesn't cover a number of the requirements of the challenge which is VERY frustrating. 

in the training you're creating a record in a single object. 
when you do a flow for multiple objects do you do screen then create record then screen then create record or can you collect all the data in a single screen and then use that for multiple records in multiple objects?  would you connect the single screen to multiple create records? how?

every time i tried to create the Opportunity Stage the builder said the field was wrong for some reason.  i picked the "drop down" for the picklist datatype.  why wouldn't it like that?  no clue. 

and did it show how to set required fields?  did i just miss that?  and how to name an Opportunity a compound thing? (Company Name - Last Name) and how to set a close date based on a system value like Today + one month?

i'd actually like to learn how to do this and wish the training was actually training me.  the page sucks.  an exception to the usual high quality of training.