function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Avishek Roy 18Avishek Roy 18 

Issue in setup of mobile SDK

Hi Everyone,

I am doing the challenge Get Started with Hybrid Development, step "Create a Hybrid App". I am not able to complete the challenge and getting one error, sharing the details below:   Steps i have completed in Windows environment: 1. Installed JDK 2. Installed Android Studio 2 3. Installed Android SDK from Android Studio 2 4. Installed Android Virtual Device (AVD) from within Android Studio. 5. Created a Connected App 6. Installed Node.js and npm 7. Installed Cordova by command npm -g install cordova 8. Ran command npm install -g forcedroid, which after running shows version as -- forcedroid@4.1.2 9. When i am trying to create a Hybrid App, with command:      forcedroid create, with parameters Application type, Application            name, Target directory and Package name. Command prompt shows          below details:      You have been opted out of telemetry. To change this, run: cordova     telemetry on.6.2.0 ". Should be in the format x[.y[.ignored]] You have     been opted out of telemetry. To change this, run: cordova telemetry     on.6.2.0 ) is less than the minimum required version (5.4.0).  Please     update your version of Cordova.   Can you please help me how to proceed next?
Henry Hai_Henry Hai_
The first time cordova is run you are prompted for telemetry.  You can try running this command "cordova telemetry off" before running the "forcedroid create".
Jeffrey Frost 4Jeffrey Frost 4
Good afternoon.

I ran into the same issue, but was able to move forward by installing the specific version of Cordova requested with the following command

npm install -g cordova@5.4.0

Jeff