function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Hopi HathawayHopi Hathaway 

Error Message: The post install script failed.

Hi,

I am trying to install Salesforce Communities Management (for Communities with Chatter) from the AppExchange, and am receiving the following error:
---------------------------

1. Unexpected Error
The package installation failed. Please provide the following information to the publisher:

Organization Name: xx 
ID: xx 
Package: Salesforce Communities Management (for Communities with Chatter)
Version: 7.0

Thanks,
VineetKumarVineetKumar
Something errored out while performing the post installion things.
Can you tell what are you doing after installation?
I'm not doing anything in Salesforce related to the installation... It just says that 'This app is taking a long time to install. You will recieve an email after the installation has completed.'  I then receive the following email stating that install has failed:
----------------------------------
Your request to install package "Salesforce Communities Management (for Communities with Chatter) Summer 16" was unsuccessful. None of the data or setup information in your salesforce.com organization was affected.

If your install continues to fail, contact Salesforce CRM Support through your normal channels and provide the following information.

Organization: xx
User: xx
Package: Salesforce Communities Management (for Communities with Chatter) (04to0000000CT4b)

Problem:

1.  Unexpected Error
The package installation failed. Please provide the following information to the publisher:

Organization Name: xx
Organization ID: xx
Package: Salesforce Communities Management (for Communities with Chatter)
Version: 7.0

However, I did notice that when attempting the installation using my Salesforce Developer login, I get the following error message:
Your request to install package "Salesforce Communities Management (for Communities with Chatter) Summer 16" was unsuccessful. None of the data or setup information in your salesforce.com organization was affected.

If your install continues to fail, contact Salesforce CRM Support through your normal channels and provide the following information.

Organization: xx
User: xx
Package: Salesforce Communities Management (for Communities with Chatter) (04to0000000CT4b)

Problem:

1.  Missing Organization Feature: Networks
null

2.  Missing Organization Feature: NetworksEnabledOnce
null

Thanks,
VineetKumarVineetKumar
Networks refer to communities. Activate communities and then try.
Communities has been activated, and I am still receiving the same error message:
Problem:

1.  Missing Organization Feature: Networks
null

2.  Missing Organization Feature: NetworksEnabledOnce
null
VineetKumarVineetKumar
Are you able to create communities? Try creating a test one, just to check. 
Also, what is the package all about?
Yes, I just created a test community without issue...

And the "Salesforce Communities Management package gives community managers an essential starter set of dashboards and reports to keep tabs on activity and engagement directly in Community Management."

VineetKumarVineetKumar
Seems like this utilises chatter as well, can you check if chatter is enabled for your org or not?
Yes, Chatter is enabled.
VineetKumarVineetKumar
hmm.. now it's getting interesting.
What about the salesforce release version, usually the network moderator is available in the API 30.0 above.
Also, just to test, go the test community > Administration > Preference : can you see or change network moderator value?
  • Salesforce release version is summer 2016
  • And no, I cannot see or change the network moderator value..
VineetKumarVineetKumar
Ok, can you check for this as well
The Global Header for Communities is enabled for the system administrator profile, and for any other profiles accessing your community from the internal org ?
The 'view global header' permission is enabled for the system administrator profile, as well as the other profiles accessing the community from the internal org... I am not seeing the 'global header for communities' permission though...
VineetKumarVineetKumar
We are using the Enterprise Edition..

Also, I have read the above resource documentation and still don't know what I am missing from this..
VineetKumarVineetKumar
You need to look for this option and enable it
User-added image
Yes, the 'View Global Header' permission IS enabled for the system administrator profile, as well as the other profiles accessing the community from the internal org... (Per my above response...)

Thanks,
Any other possible areas to troubleshoot here..? These are all pretty standard...

Thanks,
VineetKumarVineetKumar
Try posting a message to the App provider with the same error, maybe the reply you back
So we are unable to make any progress towards a resolution on the dev forum..?
Surya Chandra Rao GandreddiSurya Chandra Rao Gandreddi

I'm facing the same issue :(

Any suggestions for me!!

If I'm comment out the below code it works, otherwise NO.

String networkId = Network.getNetworkId();
            if(networkId != null) {
              List<Network> networks = [ Select UrlPathPrefix from Network where Id = :networkId ];
              if(networks.size() > 0) {
                return '/' + networks[0].UrlPathPrefix;
              }
            }
            return '';
VineetKumarVineetKumar
Try going through above checklists