function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rogerio Lara 2028Rogerio Lara 2028 

fetch opportunity name to a text field based on a picklist field value

Hello again, I was wondering what is the best way to copy the opportunity name in another formula text field based on the stage picklist field?

The formula text field will be only visible to administrators and this field is only to be used for specific report.

IF(ISPICKLIST(StageName, 'Prospecting', ........ ) I don't know how to finish this

Thank you,

Rog
Best Answer chosen by Rogerio Lara 2028
Nayana KNayana K
What is the connection between report and formula field. I am not clear with the requirement end goal. Also, I haven't worked with reports much.

I think this wil work :
IF(ISPICKVAL(StageName,"Prospecting"), Name, '')

All Answers

Nayana KNayana K
What is the connection between report and formula field. I am not clear with the requirement end goal. Also, I haven't worked with reports much.

I think this wil work :
IF(ISPICKVAL(StageName,"Prospecting"), Name, '')

This was selected as the best answer
Hello Nayana, thank you for coming to my rescue again. Much appreciated! ;-)

Okay. Please forget the report just for a minute. 

I have tried the below and the custom field is populating but isn't pulling the Opportunity name instead is adding "Name" as a simple text.

CASE( StageName,
"Prospecting", " Name ",
"")

Now, back to the report, I am trying to display side by side and opportunity under opportunity for (columns)  opportunity at each sales stage. There is no way to achieve that directly from Salesforce. I've tried backeting, summary, matrix, joined report.

I've have tested the below and the idea works, but I can't get the opportunity name on the fields.

I have created 5 formula fields (read only for myself only).

User-added image

Once again, you did it!!!! Thank you ever so much Nayana! 
Nayana KNayana K
Nice!! Most welcome Lara :)