function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Callum CurtissCallum Curtiss 

Integrating Bizzabo event app

Hi guys

I've managed to successfully integrate most of an event app we have purchased called Bizzabo - what I've got it do to do is create event attendees, tickets etc. in SF... however it will only work when a contact already exists in SF.  The app has an upsert function where it should technically create a new contact in SF if the contact who has registered in the app does not exsist in SF already however the app is coming back with this error;

User-added image

I'm new to doing things in the backend of SF and have no training in it... would the fix require me to code etc.?

Thanks in advance

Callum
VineetKumarVineetKumar
Check the process builder, for any blank or nulls before updates.
Hi Vineet

We haven't built any processes.  Bizzabo connects to SF using API, you map fields in Bizzabo to SF fields.  Eg: a contact's email in Bizzabo is mapped to a contact records email in SF.  If the email in Bizzabo also exists in SF then the SF contact is updated with the details of the contact in Bizzabo eg: their job title, role at our conference etc.... The problem is that when a Bizzabo contact does not exist in SF a new SF contact should be created with the details on Bizzabo.  However when this is the case a new contact is not created, we recieve the above error message instead.

I'm really unsure what the fix will be.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Callum
VineetKumarVineetKumar
There is surely some exception encountered that caused this error.
Most of the cases it is because, there is something in the code say that is expecting some value, but nothing is returned and you are still trying to access values from that variable.
Ah ok, this sounds completey over my head.... I am not a salesforce admin I work for a very small company, my primary function is actually account managing.  Will probably have to go to a consultant with the problem.

Thanks anyway for the help