function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Raevyn WallaceRaevyn Wallace 

Workflow Rule Question - How to populate a checkbox when certain text entry lookup fields are populated.

Hello everyone,

I find myself at a loss with a request for a worlflow rule. The request is such:

When lookup fields A or B on an Account are populated, trigger Checkbox C on related Opportunities to be marked True.

How do I set the formula to recognize any input in fields A or B as the trigger as opposed to specific input? Anyone know?

Thank you in advance!
Jessica MeadJessica Mead

Try using:

OR(NOT(ISBLANK(Lookupfield A)), NOT(ISBLANK(Lookupfield B)))

That is looking to see if there is a value in A OR B - you can write the checkbox field update based on the truth of that statement.

Raevyn WallaceRaevyn Wallace
Thanks Jessica!

I'm having trouble with the checkbox field update. Any ideas?
Jessica MeadJessica Mead
What does your rule look like?  I would write it as a "Any time a rule is created or edited", but what criteria does it refer to prior to the field update?
Mammu4Mammu4
Process builder may be a good option as checkbox should be populated on related object.
Try building a PB on Account as follows:
decsion should be something like: lookup field A  -is null/is empty- false OR lookupfield B- is null- false
Immediate actions: Update record- select the related object here on which field C checkbox exists and update the checkbox to true.

Hope this helps!