function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jeff SaboJeff Sabo 

I have deleted a Dashboard I previously created and need to create it again. I emptied the recycle bin and it will not allow me to use the same name as before

I have deleted a Dashboard I previously created and need to create it again. I emptied the recycle bin and it will not allow me to use the same name as before. Is there a way to override this? Is there another way I can let Developer Edition allow me to name it as per the instructions on the challenge?

I keep getting the following message:

Error: This Dashboard Unique Name already exists or has been previously used. Please choose a different name.
GauravGargGauravGarg

Hi Jeff,

It seems the unique still resides in Salesforce backup server. Every weekend SF clean up its activity. Please wait for few days and try again. 

This will allow you to create the dashboard with the same name. 

Thanks,

Gaurav

@Karanraj@Karanraj
Solution 1:

It might be when we delete report, it goes into the Recycle Bin section. Even though when we delete it from Recycle Bin section, It has to delete from Salesforce Backup Servers. The Report might be still exist in the SF database which causing the above error. Every weekend SF performs clean up activities for their data. Once that happen you can able to create Report with the same name that you are looking for.

Solution 2:
1)Undelete report from recycle bin.
2)Change that previously deleted report's name.

Then you can save a new report with the old name
SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Jeff,

As all above people said even after deleting the report from recycle bin section, it has to be removed from Salesforce backup servers.To pass the challenge you can create the dashboard or report with the same old report name but API name by just appending1.

for example
----------------
Report Name:oppreport
Report Unique Name:oppreport1

As the challenge checks for the report name but not the API unique name.

Please accept my solution as Best Answer if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution. If you felt I went above and beyond, you can give me kudos.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya