function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rahul BoinepallyRahul Boinepally 

Ideas standard controller

Hello,

I am building a logic to add an inline visualforce page to Ideas standard layout. I have created a sample visualforce page and added to the page layout, but unfortunately it is not visible when I am viewing Idea records (I am system admin and have access to VF page).

I did some research on developer formus and found Ideas visualforce need to be accomplished by IdeaStandardController Class. Reference :
 https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.apexcode.meta/apexcode/apex_pages_ideastandardcontroller.htm%23apex_ApexPages_IdeaStandardController_methods

I have exactly copied the logic to test the functionality and got the error. I have saved the page and class from dev console:
 common.apex.runtime.bytecode.BytecodeApexObjectType cannot be cast to common.apex.runtime.impl.ApexType

Then I tried to save the VF page from UI instead and see the error:
Unknown constructor 'MyIdeaExtension.MyIdeaExtension(ApexPages.StandardController 

I have read the statement 'The IdeaStandardSetController and IdeaStandardController classes are currently available through a limited release program. For information on enabling these classes for your organization, contact your Salesforce representative.' from the developer formus. Do you think I see the error as idea standard controllers are not activated in my Org? I am trying in my Developer Edition , do you know if salesforce will be able to activate this in Developer edition?

Many thanks for your help.

Regards
Rahul