function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Srinivasa Rao Balle 1Srinivasa Rao Balle 1 

What are the impacts of disabling the chatter in salesofrce organization?

Hi,

I have one requirement that is currently my organization has enabled chatter, now they want to disable the chatter for all the users, for this i gone through developer forms and salesforce documentation most of the people suggesting either go with disable chatter or disable chatter with profile based rollouts (Can not disable this for standard profiles) options. 

Now my concern is if i disable the chatter for all the users is there any impact on existing data (i mean salesforce data)?, If there is any impact what are the impacts?. Which Option is best suitable like disable chatter or profile based rollout disable?.

Any help is appreciated.
Vasani ParthVasani Parth
"Standard Salesforce user profiles have Chatter enabled by default. You can’t disable Chatter for these standard profiles."  and "When profile-based rollout of Chatter is enabled for an organization, Chatter is automatically enabled for standard profiles. For all custom profiles and permission sets, Chatter is automatically enabled" 
Please refer : http://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=collab_pbr_limitations.htm&language=en_US

Please mark this as the best answer if this helps
VineetKumarVineetKumar
Well there would be no impact on your data. Disabling chatter will only remove feed based layout on objects (like on case etc..) and other feed relaeed features, chatter groups will also be removed.