function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RavisankarRavisankar 

Automated email to case owner if it is not modified for certain period

hi
I want to send an automated email  to case Owner when the case Status field is not modified for certain period of time?

Could you please suggest the best way to achieve this?

Thanks
Ravi
SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Ravisankar,

Above requirement can be achieved through workflows without any coding.

Below are the steps
----------------------------

Create a workflow rule.  
Set Evaluation Criteria: When a record is created, or when a record is edited and did not previously meet the rule criteria.
Set the  criteria of Closed equals False
click the Add Time Trigger button. Set the trigger to 2 days after Last Modified Date.
Add a Time Dependent Workflow Action - create your email alert.
Done & Activate.

Please accept my solution as Best Answer if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution. If you felt I went above and beyond, you can give me kudos.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya

RavisankarRavisankar
Hi Sandhya,

Thanks for your reply.

Can we achieve this using Entitlement processes in salesforce? I was asked to acehieve this functionality through entitlement. 
Bhavana RBhavana R
Hi Sandhya,
What if the user updates some other field within the 2 days (that is set according but not the status? Then the workflow won't get triggered, right? Can we use a custom field to capture the date the status is changed and use that for time trigger?
Thank you
Bhavana
Hi Ravisankar,

Yes you can achieve this using Entitlement processes in Salesforce

I suggest you go through the below link which has detailed explanation and also an example.

http://www.edlconsulting.com/using-entitlements-and-milestones-to-develop-case-automation-in-salesforce-com/

Please accept my solution as Best Answer if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution. If you felt I went above and beyond, you can give me kudos.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya

Hi Bhavana,

That's true we can use custom field also.

Thanks and Regards
sandhya