function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jan Michelle LaureolaJan Michelle Laureola 

Trailhead Data Management: Import data using the Data Import Wizard Challenge

Hi, 

I'm new to Salesforce and doing the beginner's admin Data Management Challenge. It keeps giving me an error message saying, 
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: One of the contact records from the CSV file could not be found in the Org.​

Even though I've already uploaded the sample import data on my Dev Org without problems.

Any advice on this? Thank you! 

Best Answer chosen by Jan Michelle Laureola
SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Jan Michelle,

I will suggest you to try this in fresh DE org; it might be the existing record causing the issues in your org.

or else

First mass deleted all contacts.  Next,  do the Import Accounts/Contacts 

Please accept my solution as Best Answer if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution. If you felt I went above and beyond, you can give me kudos.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya

All Answers

Hi Jan Michelle,

I will suggest you to try this in fresh DE org; it might be the existing record causing the issues in your org.

or else

First mass deleted all contacts.  Next,  do the Import Accounts/Contacts 

Please accept my solution as Best Answer if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution. If you felt I went above and beyond, you can give me kudos.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya

This was selected as the best answer
Jan Michelle LaureolaJan Michelle Laureola
Hi Sandhya! 

I did it on a new DE org account and worked! Thank you so much for your help :) 

Jan
Amil Boddie-WillisAmil Boddie-Willis
Hi Sandhya,

I'm actually having the same kind of problem - When you say to try the exercise in a fresh DE org, do you mean that I should create a whole new account? - Just trying to understand what you're saying here - Thank you...

Amil

Hi,

Yes new DE org.However, now with new trailhead updates, you can just create new trailhead playground and then make that trailhead playground as default then click on "launch your hands on" button you will be directed to DE org where you can do your import.

Please refer below link how to take challenges in trailhead.

https://force.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/2643793-trailhead-profile-signup-login-faq?b_id=13478

Hope this helps you!

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya
I'll give it a try - Thanks either way, Sandhya... P

Okay, so, I tried opening a new trailhead account AND a new Salesforce account, but it still isn't working for me - I still get the same message that says: "Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: All the contact records from the CSV file were not found in the Org." So, I really don't know what else to do at this point... :/

Hi,

Please make sure if you have connected to same DE org or trailhead playground on "Launch your hands on" where you have imported your contacts.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya
Hey,

Yes, I've tried that, still not working - Is there a Tutoring page or something along those lines that I could use? I have a learning disability and I really need stuff broken down a little more so that I can better understand it - Thanks...

Amil

Hi,

Please try to send a screenshot of the work you have done.so that I can help you further.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya
Hi,

I don't know if this helps you help me at all, but here's what I did:

User-added image

Amil

Hi Amil,

Please check if you mapped the right fields with the once mentioned in the challenge.

Please refer below screenshots and see if you have done the samething.

User-added image

User-added image

User-added imageUser-added image
Hope this helps you!

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya
Sandhya, YOU'RE AWESOME! Thank you, and a belated MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR to you!! - The help was much appreciated... P :)
Hi, Could you walk me through this exercise - I'm having trouble figuring out what I did wrong to get this message:

User-added image

Here's what I've done so far:

User-added image

Amil

Hi Amil,

Below are the steps to follow.

1. Create a profile named 'Account Reviewer' of 'Salesforce Type' (Please make sure the spellings are correct). You can clone from the 'Standard user' profile which has 'Salesforce' license.
2. Once you save the profile, click on edit -> Scroll down till you find the 'Standard Object Permissions' section. 
3. Uncheck all the checkboxes except 'Read' of 'Account'. And save. Please refer below screenshot.

User-added image

Hope this helps you!

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya
Thank you, Sandhya - Appreciate the help...

Amil

Angel MartinAngel Martin
Hi, the csv to import for the Import Data Hands-On challenge is not available and has not been available for a while. Returns timeout... anybody would be please so kind to share the file here so I can move on finishing this challenge? Thanks a lot. Angel
Angel MartinAngel Martin
Found it! Just in case someone else needs it, I found it in another thread in this URL. Cheers.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/developerforce/trailhead-files/master/contacts_to_import.csv

Shilpa SubramanianShilpa Subramanian
Hi Angel,

I guess the problem still persits. I am unable to download the CSV file even using the above URL. I am getting a "Failed - Network" error when I click on the link in the challenge to download the file.
I am unable to finish this challenge.
Can you please help me with this?
Thanks in advance.

Shilpa
Jennifer HartleyJennifer Hartley
Hands-on challenge in Admin/Beginner Trail "Import data using the Data Import Wizard". Attempting to map the fields and want to click on  "Map" button, but the box along the bottom covers the button and can't be moved. How can I move forward in my session?
Syed YousufSyed Yousuf
Just reload everything it will solve your problem
Paula HennesseyPaula Hennessey
I've had the same issue where the Map button is covered up.  I've reloaded 3 times; logged out and logged in 3 times and had the same issue.
Alexandros ToulisAlexandros Toulis
Can you actually download the file? Mine opens up in a web based new page? Anyone has any idea how to get that file?
Thanks!
manasi bmanasi b
@Jennifer Hartley, I could not see the map button either, I just zoomed out in my browser and MAP button showed up
Aruna VelileniAruna Velileni
I am doing the Import Data module in the trail head, while i am doing the challenge i have imported the CSV provided in the challenge and import was successfully, but when i check the challenge i am getting the below error. 

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
All the contact records from the CSV file were not found in the Org.

Aruna VelileniAruna Velileni
I fixed it.. mistake i was doing in wizard is i have selected add and update exsiting objects instead of "Add new record"
Ashwini SukumaranAshwini Sukumaran
Hello,

Tried to launch the challenge for the Import Data using the wizard. Receiving a 404 error, stating that the page does not exist. Please help as I am trying to complete the challenge.
Alejandra Cruz 1Alejandra Cruz 1
Hello,

I have uploaded the file and I am getting the following error: Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
One of the contact records from the CSV file could not be found in the Org.
Has anyone had that issue before?
Jessica Peterson 5Jessica Peterson 5
I'm not able to download the CSV file to complete the challenge. I recieve the same error many have noted above. I attempted the download from both Chrome and IE. I also tried the file link that was posted above, but again receive an error. Is there a solution for this?
Peg HendersonPeg Henderson
Trailhead :  Get Started with Lightning Experience,  Data Management, Import Data 
I sucessfully imported the 20 contacts from the csv file.

Getting the following error message and can't complete the Trailhead
'Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
All the contact records from the CSV file were not found in the Org.'
Aaron TheoletAaron Theolet
The solution offered above - create account reviewer, etc. - did not work for me. 
Emil Sylvest-JensenEmil Sylvest-Jensen
Apparently they have changed this challenge to use Leads instead of Contacts, and now it doesn't work at all. I have followed it exactly step by step in 3 different new playgrounds, and get the same error message each time.
Lance Hamel 11Lance Hamel 11
I got same error to originoal post i.e.Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: One of the contact records from the CSV file could not be found in the Org.​

What freaked me out is that there are 20 Contact records in the .csv and my import showed results of 20 records loaded with no errors. I confirmed this by running simple report against contact data and manually checked all 20 records where there. So what's wrong. Dumping the entired Org to solve issue didn' seem like solution to me. So I read this thread and a few other and still didn't find what I was looking for. Just now I reran the Import with only 1 setting change (Update Existing Account Checked) and it ran successfully again but this time when I ran challenge check it went through with no errors. Had nothing too do with the Contact but rather how it updates the related Account.

Ok. Hope this helps someone else. Happy trails.

Fabio Paulotto 2Fabio Paulotto 2

Hi everybody,

I'm getting crazy for the same problem. All imported with no errors, all 44 Lead records imported, but Trailhead check failed.

I also tried to clear all data and re-import, nothing. Tried also to import using "Update" of records instead of new add new records... always the same.

I then analyzed the records and find out one problem: the sample XLS file contains a LOT OF COMMAS (14!), such as in the "Title" field = "Manager, Hardware Procurement" and in the Company field = "Demo, inc.".

So, of course, exporting as a comma delimited CSV as requested by the Trailhead exercise, these records have MORE COLUMNS than expected, but the Data Import tool seems to IGNORE the exceeding columns, DOES NOT GIVE ANY ERROR or warning about that... but in fact the data shifted by 1 field and so are actually NOT CORRECTLY IMPORTED.

So I manually deleted commas inside the XLS, exported, imported in SFDC and all the 44 Leads now are imported properly (no field values "shifing"). The listview shows all the 44 records ok.

BUT STILL THE SAME ERROR: "The 'Lead' records from the CSV were not found. Please check the instructions."

It's not a challenge, IT'S HELL

Some idea? Or I have to leave this trail undone because of this paradoxical situation? 

Thank you...

Fabio Paulotto 2Fabio Paulotto 2

Update: I deleted AGAIN all the Leads from my Dev Org. Logged out. Logged in and checked that NO leads was there. Then re-imported the file I manually corrected deleting all the commas before being exported as comma-delimited CSV. 

And, FINALLY, I passed the Trailhead check. 

So, start with a really clean Leads object, and manually correct the file deleting all the commas before exporting the CSV. 

Happy trails... 

Rozmin ParpiaRozmin Parpia
Mass delete helped me resolve the issue.