function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Richard Hopkins 5150Richard Hopkins 5150 

Advance to next Flow Screen upon Radio Button Choice Selection, Instead of next Button.

I have a flow with a series of screens. Each screen has one radio button choice field. There are decision elements to determine which screen users see next depending on their choices. This is a public facing needs analysis questionaire for our customers.

Right now users must select their choice, and then click the next button to proceed to the next screen.

I would like for it to instead advance to the next screen immediately upon clicking the radio button choice.

This will avoid the extra click per page and allow customers to speadily adance through our needs analysis questionaire.

Is this something that can be done using javascript/jQuery?

Thanks!
My flow is inside a visual force page
GauravGargGauravGarg

Hi Richard,

yes, this need to implement the logic using Javascript / jquery. You can try below link, this might help you.

http://www.tutorialspoint.com/javascript/javascript_page_redirect.htm

Hope this will help, do let me know if you need more assistance on this. 

Thanks,

Gaurav
Email: gauravgarg.nmims@gmail.com

Rakesh51Rakesh51
COuld you please elobrate your requirment in details ?
Thanks Guarav. I do need a little more help to actually implement it.

Rakesh, I'll try to eleborate.

I have a flow:

User-added image

User-added image

etc..

I have my flow inside a visualforce page so that I can add css styling and make make a force.com site with it so that it can be publicly accessed by prospective customers.

There are a number of screen elements to the flow.

Currently you click your radio button selection ("purchase" "refinance" etc.) and then click Next to go to the next screen.

I would like to add javascript to the radio button element so that when it's clicked. it makes the selection and also advances to the next page automatically without the additional click on the next button needed.

This way, to advance to the next page in the flow it takes 1 click instead of 2 clicks.

What do I need add to my visualforce page code to make this function as I am describing?

Is it possible to do what I am describing?

I would think I need to link to the javascript/jQuery static resourse, then identify the radio button element ID and add to the 'on click' function to also do the same action that clicking the 'next' button does.

Is this more clear of what my goal is?
Jack OdellJack Odell
Hey RIchard.

I had a similar question & it looks like Lightning Components have a solution.  I haven't implemented yet, but it looks doable (especially if you're familiar w/JavaScript frameworks like jQuery).

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.lightning.meta/lightning/components_config_for_flow_screens_navigate.htm

Good luck!