function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jeff SaboJeff Sabo 

Approval Processes in Chatter

I keep receiving the same error when doing the Trailhead for creating an Approval Process:

There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Process failed. First exception on row 0; first error: NO_APPLICABLE_PROCESS, No applicable approval process was found.: []

I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. I keep adding in approval steps and it is still not working.
SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Jeff Sabo,

Please consider the below points.

1.Make sure when you go to create the process, at the top of the page, change the drop-down to CASE, not ACCOUNT. From here just add the name and make the Approver User: 'yourself' and then hit save -> Activate.

2.Remove the entry criteria.

3.Process Name needs to have capital E: Case Escalation.

Please accept my solution as Best Answer if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution. If you felt I went above and beyond, you can give me kudos.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya

Jeff SaboJeff Sabo
This seems to have gotten me closer to my solution. How do I get the approval request notification to appear in Chatter?
Hi Jeff Sabo,

Enable Feed Tracking

From Setup, enter Feed Tracking in the Quick Find box, then select Feed Tracking.

1. Select Case
  2. Select Enable Feed Tracking
  3. Click Save
Enable Approvals in Chatter

From Setup, enter Chatter Settings in the Quick Find box, then select Chatter Settings.
Click Edit.
Select Allow Approvals.
Save your changes.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks and Regards
sandhya
Rakesh51Rakesh51
Enable feed trakicng, then enable chatter seting to allow approval
Jeff SaboJeff Sabo
I tried doing that and it was still not working. Is there something else I am missing?
Hi Jeff, 

What is the problem you are facing?Is notification does not appear in chatter?

Thanks and Regards
​sandhya