function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mike franklin 10mike franklin 10 

Create a Guest Administrator and deactivate it - Sys Admin Profile Unavailable

Hello:

I only have one system administration profile under the "Salesforce" profile.  The other profiles using the Saleforce profile do not have any users attached to them and they are the default ones:
  • Contract Manager
  • Marketing User
  • Read Only
  • Solution Manager
  • Standard User
I only have one profile, but when trying to create another one, I am not given the ability to choose the Salesforce profile (see below).

Can you let me know what I need to do?  I can not delete the current system administrator account.  I am using the free trailhead account so I think I am limited to two admin profiles, however I only have one used.

User-added image

User-added image

Cancel.  I ended up using one that was inactive and updating the records as a mitigation.
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
Every developer edition org should have two salesforce licenses and both of them can have the System Administrator profile.

Just deactivate the 2nd user and create a new Guest User then you will able to see salesforce licenses.

We will have only 2 licenses of "Salesforce" so you have to make sure that you have only onle user with the "Salesforce" license before you do this chanllenge. You have more than one user with the "slaeforce" license please deactivate one of the user and assign a new user with this license so that System Admin profile can be assigned.

you can check the total Licenses and used Licenses by looking into Setup -------> Administer ->CompanyProfile -->   Company Information.

The username is unique across all salesforce orgs. Just put a number at the unique name (eg: guestadmin1234@gmail.com ).

Please check below post for same issue
1) https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000B2x6IAC
2) https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000DDxGIAW

Every developer edition org should have two salesforce licenses and both of them can have the System Administrator profile. If you already used both then Please try to deactive other System admin user and then try to change profile of your Guest User.

Let us know if this will help you
DeepthiDeepthi (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Mike,

For a DE account, you can assign two users for using the "Salesforce" license. If at all, you have used both the licenses, then deactivate any of the users and then continue working on this challenge. For reference, please check the below screenshots for the challenge completion.

User-added image

User-added image
Hope this helps you!
Best Regards,
Deepthi
Thanks Deepthi. I ended up changing one of the users with the licence already attached to them to what was asked in the challenge and it worked. - Mike Michael Franklin | Consultant/Partner | MLA - MyLoadAdvisor Inc | 604-240-6434 | Twitter | Google+ ?
DeepthiDeepthi (Salesforce Developers) 

Hi Mike,

Kindly mark the question as solved if it really helped you so that this will make it available for others as the proper solution.

Regards,
Deepthi