function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RAJESH KARKI 6RAJESH KARKI 6 

Beginner Developer Trailhead: Data Security: Define Sharing Rules - "Define a Public Group" section

I am currently working on Beginner Developer Trailhead: Data Security: Define Sharing Rules - "Define a Public Group" section. I am stuctk at item no. 5 below. In the Available Members list, I DONT SEE SW Dev Manager, Director Product Management, or Director QA. Any direction is appreciated. Also, I don't see Recruiting Manger (item 7).

1. From Setup, enter Public Groups in the Quick Find box, then select Public Groups.
2. Click New.
The New Public Group page allows you to choose other public groups, individual roles, individual roles including the roles' subordinates, or individual users.
3. In the Label text box, enter Reviewers. Click in the Group Name text box to populate it automatically. Group Namerefers to the unique name used by the API and managed packages.
4. In the Search drop-down list, choose Roles.
5. In the Available Members list, select SW Dev Manager, Director Product Management, and Director QA, then clickAdd.
6. Go back up to the Search drop-down list, and this time choose Role and Subordinates.
7. In the Available Members list, select Recruiting Manager, and click Add.
8. Click Save.
SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi RAJESH,

Before proceeding with this, you need to create roles as given in the before unit "Create a Role Hierarchy".

please see below unit in the same challenge.

https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/en/data_security/data_security_roles

User-added image

Create roles according to this diagram, and then you will be able to see SW Dev Manager, Director Product Management, or Director QA in Available Member List.

Please accept my solution as Best Answer if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution. If you felt I went above and beyond, you can give me kudos.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya

RAJESH KARKI 6RAJESH KARKI 6
Thanks Sandhya. That worked.
sandhya reddy 10sandhya reddy 10
Hi ,

If this solves your question, please mark it as solved "BestAnswer".

Thanks
sandhya
Fiona ShearerFiona Shearer
This worked for me too - I'm a bit surprised these roles weren't set as the challenge in the previous unit.  Thanks very much Sandhya.
K SanhotraK Sanhotra
Yes thanks, it worked..but they should have mentioned that in the scenario or challenge.