function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sfdcdevsfdcdev 

Evaluation Criteria - Process Builder

I am have a workflow rule which updates the field on quote and creates task 3 Days Before Quote Expiration Date.I have to move this rule to Process Builder and I can only see two evaluation criteria in process builder:

User-added image

The workflow rule has third evaluation criteria "Evaluate the rule when a record is created, and any time it's edited to subsequently meet criteria".What is equivalent of this criteria in Process builder?What should I select for this criteria in Process Builder?
Is "Recursion - Allow process to evaluate a record multiple times in a single transaction" same as above criteria?
Martijn SchwarzerMartijn Schwarzer
Hi sfdcdev,

In workflow rules, you can set criteria which will determine if the workflow should start. The third option you mention basically determines whether the workflow should start after a record is changed and after that changes meets the criteria for starting.

Process builder is basically the same, only the flow will always start when a record is created or when it is created or edited. In your criteria, you determine what to do in which situation. It can very well be that the record state does not require any actions. In that case the flow will stop immediately.

So basically, with workflow you can determine whether the flow should start, in Process builder it will start, but you determine whether it has to do something. 

I hope this is clear for you. If not, I'd be happy to explain in more detail.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Martijn Schwärzer

Ps. If my answer helps you to solve your problem please mark it as best answer. It will help other to find best answer.