function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Andrew Thompson 18Andrew Thompson 18 

Unable to switch to Lightning

I'm using a free developer account with Trailhead but there is no option to switch to Lightning as described in the modules. Am I missing something obvious?

User-added image

Best Answer chosen by Andrew Thompson 18
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Andrew Thompson 18,

If you want to switch from salesforce classic to lightning experience please find the below navigation and screenshots.

User-added image

Click on the lightning Experience button which is given in the above screen shot.

Lightning Experience==>A new window opens==>Come to the bottom of the page ==>Enable lightning experience feature

After enabling the lightning experience now come to your user name on the top right of the screen, under developer console you find an option of switch to lightning experience as shown below.

User-added image

Please mark my solution as the best answer if it helps you.

Best Regards,
Nagendra.P

All Answers

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Andrew Thompson 18,

If you want to switch from salesforce classic to lightning experience please find the below navigation and screenshots.

User-added image

Click on the lightning Experience button which is given in the above screen shot.

Lightning Experience==>A new window opens==>Come to the bottom of the page ==>Enable lightning experience feature

After enabling the lightning experience now come to your user name on the top right of the screen, under developer console you find an option of switch to lightning experience as shown below.

User-added image

Please mark my solution as the best answer if it helps you.

Best Regards,
Nagendra.P

This was selected as the best answer
Andrew Thompson 18Andrew Thompson 18

Hi Nagendra,

Great - thanks very much! Now able to switch to lightning experience.

Cooper NewbyCooper Newby
When I try to switch i get this internal error
User-added image
Pawan GuptaPawan Gupta
When i try to enable Lightning Experiance in my Developer Org, getting this error:
User-added image
Any help/insight on this issue is much appreciated. Thank you!
Ashleigh PappAshleigh Papp
Hello! I am working through a trailhead, and am unable to switch to Lightning Experience from my "curious badger" profile ... I tried searching for Lightning Experience, per this forum, but no search results populated. Any ideas?
Maria ShawMaria Shaw
Hi, 

I'm also not able to switch between Lightning and Classic, however, I don't have the Lightning Experience button, I just have the Migration Assistant option. 

Is anyone able to help?

Setup screen

Leah Schultheis 5Leah Schultheis 5
Also experiencing the same issue today as Maria. For the last 3 months our users have been able to toggle between Lightning and Classic as they wish, but now today that isn't an option. Wondering if there's a bigger issue...
Srimanta JanaSrimanta Jana
In mobile I am not able to see the menu for switching classic to lightening. But in browser I can see. 
How can I switch from classic to Lightening in mobile?
Venu EVenu E
Hi Maria,

Please click on "Get Started" button and make sure that  "Turn It On" now you are able to switch to lightning, please find image for your reference.

User-added image

Thanks,
Venu E
Kendra RameyKendra Ramey
We are able to switch no problem using Chrome on a PC, but the option is not showing as available on the Chrome app on the iPad.
Alo Sen 25Alo Sen 25
Saw the same issue - option does not show up on iPad. Has anyone found a resolution/
Shivam Parihar 6Shivam Parihar 6
User-added image
I'm unable to see "Switching Between Lightning Experience" option in mobile view using your desktop browser and when I'm opening in mobile .view it is switching lightning experience to classic automatically.
Informatique FarvestInformatique Farvest
Hello, same problem here, please help
one of my user is stuck on salesforce classic
Ram S/o NaiduRam S/o Naidu
Hi @Shivam Parihar 6 and @ Informatique Farvest,
Here is the solution for your issue,
in browser level enable the Desktop Site check box is true. this can see unter 3 dots at top right corner of the brwoser
User-added image