function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SAHG-SFDCSAHG-SFDC 

Is there an email limit for partner users

HI Users,

Is there a email limit for sending emails to partner users? some thing like daily digest

I am not getting more than 10 emails
Anupam Bansal (Capgemini)Anupam Bansal (Capgemini)
Hi,

Here is the Email limits cheatsheet

https://na10.salesforce.com/help/pdfs/en/salesforce_app_limits_cheatsheet.pdf

Here is what you might be missing:

• If you use SingleEmailMessage to email your org’s internal users, specifying the user’s ID in setTargetObjectId means the email doesn’t count toward the daily limit. However, specifying internal users’ email addresses in setToAddresses means the email does count toward the limit

For licensed community users you don't need to worry about limits.

Thanks
Anupam Bansal
OSI Consulting
SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi SAHG,

Limits for email and email templates are given per edition.

There’s no limit on sending individual emails to contacts, leads, person accounts, and users in your org directly from account, contact, lead, opportunity, case, campaign, or custom object pages.

Using the API or Apex, you can send single emails to a maximum of 1,000 external email addresses per day based on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). Single emails sent using the Salesforce application don't count toward this limit. 

There’s no limit on sending individual emails to contacts, leads, person accounts, and users in your org directly from account, contact, lead, opportunity, case, campaign, or custom object pages.

Please refer page 24 and 25 in below link.

https://resources.docs.salesforce.com/200/10/en-us/sfdc/pdf/limits_limitations.pdf 

and also refer this post which has the same discussion.

https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F00000008k1yIAA
Please accept my solution as Best Answer if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution. If you felt I went above and beyond, you can give me kudos.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya

SAHG-SFDCSAHG-SFDC
Thank you for replying both of you

The scenario I am working on is sending daily lead summary to the partner users (Of partner community using partner licenses) I have a schdulable apex works perfect but doesn't send more than 10 emails

how to over come this?
Hi SAHG,

If you can post the Email sending code over here then we should be able to help you better?

Thanks,
Anupam
SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi SAHG,

You can use something like below according to your requirement.

In the below sample code I am iterating over a list of partner users ("lstPortalUser"). This list is created by me as per my requirement. You can create the same list as per your requirement. 

List<Messaging.SingleEmailMessage> mails = new List<Messaging.SingleEmailMessage>();
for(User portalUser :lstPortalUser)
{   
   Messaging.SingleEmailMessage mail = new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage();
   string body = 'Hi '+ portalUser.LastName;  
   mail.setSubject('Test Subject');
   mail.setTargetObjectId(portalUser.Id);
   mail.setSaveAsActivity(false);
   mail.setHtmlBody(body);
   mails.add(mail);
}
Messaging.sendEmail(mails);

And also please refer below link which has a full code.

http://forceguru.blogspot.com/2011/03/how-to-send-more-than-10-e-mails.html

Please let us know if this helps you.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya

Hi SAHG,

As I had mentioned in my first comment, your problem is that you are using "Mail.ToAddresses" in your code, which has very low limits. However, you should use setTargetObjectId(Set<Id> partnerUserIds) method, you will have no email limits. Here is the comment again for your reference

• If you use SingleEmailMessage to email your org’s internal users, specifying the user’s ID in setTargetObjectId means the email doesn’t count toward the daily limit. However, specifying internal users’ email addresses in setToAddresses means the email does count toward the limit

So instead of creating a Map of PartnerName and sendToAddresses in your code, create a set of user id of partners and then use that in setTargetObjectIds method. This should solve the issue for you.

Thanks,
Anupam Bansal