function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Liezele Dizon-ToscoLiezele Dizon-Tosco 

Visual Workflow Challenge

I'm stuck. User-added imageUser-added image
Please help! I'm having difficulty with the "set the close date to one month from today" portion.  I looked at a previous discussion and tried the suggested formulas - TODAY() +30, {!$System.OriginDateTime} +30, DATE(year, month+1,day), and DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY())+1,DAY(TODAY())) yet I keep getting an error in my formula.

Bhavana RBhavana R
Hi Liezele,
When you create a formula in visual workflow make sure that the "Value Data Type" is Date. By default this value is Text.
You can try {!$Flow.CurrentDate}+30 . This worked for me.
Hope this helps.
Please mark this as the best answer if it solves your query. Let me know if you have any more queries.
Thanks
SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Liezele,

I did not write any formula for the closedate.
Here in the challenge, we don't need a closedate field on the input screen as specified.

While selecting the date in opportunity just choose the date in next month.

please see below screenshot.

User-added image

Please let us know if this helps you.

Thanks and Regards
sandhya
Liezele Dizon-ToscoLiezele Dizon-Tosco
Thank you - figured it out =) I had to delete the incorrect formulas I keyed in for the closing date. Kept it simple, and simply clicked a date in August.
SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Liezele,
If this solves your question, please mark it as solved.  It will make it available for other as the proper solution. 

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya

Neil MulliganNeil Mulligan
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to point out (since it is not in this thread or any other) that in order to add one month to the date, the formula must be
carried out in a variable and then the variable put into the field. I spent a considerable amount of time wrestling with that issue so I felt I should make it known on the forums.