function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Aaron M OlsonAaron M Olson 

SalesForce/Lightning Connect Help to custom service

Hello,
I had posted this in salesforce community but it was suggested i ask here.  Hopefully this is the right place to put this request.  If not please let me know and i will see about posting it in a different location.  

I am attempting to get lightning connect to work with a custom service which pulls data from oracle. I am pretty new to the .net web api service side of this process in addition to SalesForce/Lightning Connect.

What I have so far is a servic that will do 2 things and it works  
1. Fetch a wide open list of orders    /odata/OrderNumbers/
2. Fetch a single order      /odata/OrderNumbers(12345)  

When I add the endpoint to lightning connect i can validate and sync everything without issue it seems.  When I click on the order I get a listing of orders as i would expect.  I can also see the display URL is correctly pointing at my single order. If i take that URL and open a new tab and paste it in there it works without issue.  

Here is where one of my issues comes in to play.  If i click on ExternalID however, I get an error:  

"This data isn't available because the external system isn't filtering the results as we requested. Contact your administrator for help. "

I see that the externalID is pointing to:   x/OrderNumbers__x/628806.  As I mentioned the Display URL is pointing to:  odata/OrderNumbers(628806) which works.  Is there some sort of routing issue happening here?  

My guess is that sales force is reading in the externalID address and routing the request to what is displayed in the display URL perhaps?  Anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong here or what the issue might be?  

As a final question I do see that salesforce also at times, send varied parameters back to my service to lets say filter the results set.  Anyone out there know of a good reference one could use to build out this functionality within a .net web api service?

Thanks.