function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vamsee KaramchetiVamsee Karamcheti 

How to Create Approval Process with Process Builder ?

Hello Buddies,

Can some one explain how to create Approval Process using Process Builder. I created on Approval Process and trying to initiate using process builder but it is not working fine. But Approval Process alone(With out Process Builder) is working as expected.

Any suggessions ?
Thanks in Advance !!!
Best Answer chosen by Vamsee Karamcheti
SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Vamsee,

Process Builder has the ability to add either immediate or scheduled actions which will execute when the criteria we defined in the previous module evaluates to true.
Actions could be
Post to Chatter, Create a Record, and Submit for Approval. 

Using the Lighting Process Builder you can either trigger an existing approval process built using approvals, or you can select Default approval process and rely on the system approver fields. 

1.Click on Add Action
2.Action Type Submit for Approval
3.Select the Specific approval process already built called "Trip Approval Rule "(this is approval process created by me)
4.Save

User-added image

I also suggest you refer below link for more information.

https://caitlinmarshall.wordpress.com/2015/01/24/approval-process-automation-with-salesforce-lighting-process-builder/

Please accept my solution as Best Answer if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution. If you felt I went above and beyond, you can give me kudos.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya

All Answers

sathishkumar periyasamysathishkumar periyasamy
You can use "Submit for Approval" in process builder. Please refer below image

User-added image
Hi Vamsee,

Process Builder has the ability to add either immediate or scheduled actions which will execute when the criteria we defined in the previous module evaluates to true.
Actions could be
Post to Chatter, Create a Record, and Submit for Approval. 

Using the Lighting Process Builder you can either trigger an existing approval process built using approvals, or you can select Default approval process and rely on the system approver fields. 

1.Click on Add Action
2.Action Type Submit for Approval
3.Select the Specific approval process already built called "Trip Approval Rule "(this is approval process created by me)
4.Save

User-added image

I also suggest you refer below link for more information.

https://caitlinmarshall.wordpress.com/2015/01/24/approval-process-automation-with-salesforce-lighting-process-builder/

Please accept my solution as Best Answer if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution. If you felt I went above and beyond, you can give me kudos.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya

This was selected as the best answer
Dear Sathish/Sandhya,

I already tried in same way. But Its not getting triggered.
Hi Vamsee,

Please refer below link if this is the same error for you.

https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?id=000213924&language=en_US

Hope this helps you!

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya
Thanks for the quick response Sandhya.

It is already unchecked. Please verify below image.

User-added image
Is it throwing any error?did u see your debug logs?
Please find Debug log, It is showing as below.

User-added image
Hi,

In logs, it says no approval process was found.

For this error, you need to consider below things.

Is there a chance you created the approval process but don't have it activated? Does your account meet the entry criteria for your approval process? This error is thrown when an object is attempted to be submitted for approval, and no approval process can be found, either because it isn't activated or your object doesn't meet the entry criteria.

Thanks and Regards
sandhya
Yeah .... Do I need to keep the Approval Process and Process Builder as well in Active mode ?

I kept Process Builder in active state and Approval Process (which has called in Procee Builder) in inactive state.
Yes, it should be activated.
Thanks for your detailed explanation !!!

I have a small doubt. Then what is need of process builder. Approval process itself is enough right ???
And one more doubt is whats the difference between Default Approval Process and Specific Approval Process.

Please explain ...
Hi,
Please refer below link for a detailed explanation.

http://www.cloudsocius.com/4-reasons-for-using-the-new-salesforce-process-builder/

Please let us know if this helps you!

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya
Thank you very much....

Can you please explain "The difference between Default Approval Process and Specific Approval Process."
Sunil Shah 12Sunil Shah 12
Thank you Sandhya. I had a similar question.

Thank you Vamsee Karamcheti for showing how to debug.