function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
YeukYeuk 

Problem with "Creating a Hybrid App Using the Mobile SDK CLI"

Following the npm steps, getting this error and end of the "forceios create" step and questions.

Invalid version string "You have been opted out of telemetry. To change this, run: cordova telemetry on.
". Should be in the format x[.y[.ignored]]
Installed cordova command line tool version (You have been opted out of telemetry. To change this, run: cordova telemetry on.
) is less than the minimum required version (5.4.0).  Please update your version of Cordova.

I am running this on OS X v.10.11.5. I checked version via "cordova -v" and it appears to be 6.3.0.

Any suggestions? 
Bill BringBill Bring
I just typed "cordova - v" to get my version then it asked my if I would annonymously report usage statistics over time.  I entered "Y" then enter.
Once I did this and did the forceios create function again - everything worked...

You are encountering this issue as cordova in their latest release added Telemetry to collect data for data driven development for some analytics
Error response:
A timed prompt asking the user to opt-in or out is displayed the first time cordova is run. It lasts for 30 seconds, after which the user is automatically opted-out if he doesn't provide any answer.
In CI environments, the CI environment variable can be set, which will prevent the prompt from showing up.
Telemetry collection can also be turned off on a single command by using the --no-telemetry-flag.
Rita LeverettRita Leverett
I am having the same problem running on Windows 10. I turned on Telemetry and retried forcedroid create, but after entering the package name I still get the following error:

". Should be in the format x[.y[.ignored]]
) is less than the minimum required version (5.4.0).  Please update your version of Cordova.

I verified Cordova is on 6.3.0:

C:\>cordova -v

Why is Cordova not being recognized?
Jaynandan PJaynandan P
Issue= by default Salesforce installs cordova 6.3.X which is not recognised in the SDK

Resolution:
1. uninstall the existing Cordova version
Command - npm uninstall -g cordova forcdroid

2. Again install back the cordova with the below command-
  npm install -g cordova@6.2.0  forcedroid

3. now you can re-create forcedroid or forceios project accordingly.

Mark this answer as Solved if it helps you.

Thank you
Abhijit PatilAbhijit Patil
Thanks Jayanand this is hepful to create project.

But i am not able to see Gradle build project after importing it in Android Studio 2.2. I am having issues only for hybrid apps where i don't Gradle Build or i dont see option to complete Gradle .

Any help here would appreciated.