function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sesha Raosesha Rao 

Field Address_Proof__c is a picklist field. Picklist fields are only supported in certain function??Please help

I have two picklist fields ID_Proof and AddressProof both are of type picklist I want to create a validation rule such that whenever I select the ID_Proof as "PanCard" the field AddressProof should not be empty.I am trying the build the validation rule as below.
"AND( ISPICKVAL( Id_Proof__c , "PanCard") ,   ISBLANK(  Address_Proof__c ) )" but it is throwing an error as 
"Field Address_Proof__c is a picklist field. Picklist fields are only supported in certain functions." please help me how to overcome this error.
Best Answer chosen by sesha Rao
SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Sesha Roa,

ISBLANK if for text fields so u need to convert picklist to text as below

"AND( ISPICKVAL( Id_Proof__c , "PanCard") ,   ISBLANK(TEXT(  Address_Proof__c ) ))"

Please accept my solution as Best Answer if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution. If you felt I went above and beyond, you can give me kudos.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya

All Answers

SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Sesha Roa,

ISBLANK if for text fields so u need to convert picklist to text as below

"AND( ISPICKVAL( Id_Proof__c , "PanCard") ,   ISBLANK(TEXT(  Address_Proof__c ) ))"

Please accept my solution as Best Answer if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution. If you felt I went above and beyond, you can give me kudos.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya

This was selected as the best answer
sesha Raosesha Rao
Thanks for the solution Sandhya it works.. Kudos!!!
sesha Raosesha Rao
Hi Sandhya, I have a questions is there any possibility that if we are in the child detail page and we want to modify the parent record data? How to achieve this.Please help. Regards, Seshagiri