• 10 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Is it possible to ensure an approval process's final approval/rejection unlocks the record before any of the field updates happen?

Ordinarily it seems like it doesn't especially matter, as field updates are somehow applied despite being locked, but I am running a trigger off those field updates that attempts to delete the record, but cannot because it is still locked.

As a workaround, I'm thinking my trigger can unlock the record before deleting it, but this seems to be a senseless complication.

Surely if there are field update actions, the record has to unlock first?
Is it possible to ensure an approval process's final approval/rejection unlocks the record before any of the field updates happen?

Ordinarily it seems like it doesn't especially matter, as field updates are somehow applied despite being locked, but I am running a trigger off those field updates that attempts to delete the record, but cannot because it is still locked.

As a workaround, I'm thinking my trigger can unlock the record before deleting it, but this seems to be a senseless complication.

I am trying to deploy a project from IDE to a new ORG. It worked before (last year). I haven't changed package.xml since then. Could anyone suggest me how to fix this problem?

The errors are as follows:

dashboard2/name1/name1.dashboard name1/name1 : In field: report - no Report named name1/new_report found reports/name1/new_report.report name1/new_report: Cannot find folder: name1

Package.xml:

<types>
<members>name1</members>
<members>name1/name1</members>
<name>Dashboard</name>
</types>

<types>
<members>name1</members>
<members>name1/new_report</members>
<name>Report</name>
</types>

In src folder, there are:
dashboards/name1/name1.dashboard
dashboards/name1/name1_en.dashboard
reports/name1/new_report.report

name1-meta.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<DashboardFolder xmlns="http://soap.sforce.com/2006/04/metadata">
<accessType>Public</accessType>
<name>name1 Dashboards</name>
<publicFolderAccess>ReadOnly</publicFolderAccess>
</DashboardFolder>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ReportFolder xmlns="http://soap.sforce.com/2006/04/metadata">
<accessType>Public</accessType>
<name>name1 Reports</name>
<publicFolderAccess>ReadOnly</publicFolderAccess>
</ReportFolder>

• March 19, 2015

Hi, I want to return the record count of a dynamic SOQL query, (checkVal is passed in so don't worry about that):

Public List<sObject> lstObj;

Public Integer totRecsToProcess;

mystr  = '[select count() from payout__ImportStaging__c where payout__BD_Id__c = \'' + String.escapeSingleQuotes(checkVal) ;

lstObj = Database.query(mystr);

I want to set totRecsToProcess equal to the count() value returned, can someone please tell me the correct syntax for that?

Thanks.

Hi All,

We have integrated salesforce with web service on the company's server.However,we are getting below given error.

IO Exception: Unable to tunnel through proxy. Proxy returns "HTTP/1.0 503 Service Unavailable.

In order ot get rid of the above given error meesage

Where am I suppose to add below given addresses.Ip addresses on the company's server on which service has been hosted or in the salesforce org.

I believe it has to be on the company's server,Can somebody help?

204.14.232.0/23 East Coast Data Center (set one)
204.14.237.0/24 East Coast Data Center (set two)
96.43.144.0/22  MidWest Data Centers
96.43.148.0/22  MidWest Data Centers
204.14.234.0/23 West Coast Data Center (set one)
204.14.238.0/23 West Coast Data Center (set two)
202.129.242.0/23 Singapore Data Center

Thanks,

Tick

More of a theoretical question - in the displayfields function below is it possible to do what I've done in pseudocode?

main(){
  sobject acc = [select name, phone from account limit 1];
  displayfields(acc);
}

static void displayfields(sobject x){
  //somehow loop through the available fields on the sobject
  //and display them
  for(field f:x.fields) system.debug(f.fieldname);  //should print out "name" , "phone"
}

Thanks!

Tyler

Hi All,

I want to get the name (API) of object (Custom or Standard) by Id. Is this possible, is there any method for it.

Please help me regarding this.

Thank you!

Regards,

Lakshman

Hi everyone,

If there are multiple field updates configured in an workflow actions, does the individual field update fire according to the list or in random order?

Ideally I assume it to be in the order of the list displayed in workflow actions page, but has anyone witnessed it?

Thanks

• February 10, 2011

Hi,

Is it possible to unlock records that are submitted for approval in apex code? or is it possible to unlock records that are submitted for approval when logged in as delegated administrator. Please provide more details.

Thanks.

• April 04, 2010